Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GAME BREAKS DOWN DURING XXL INTERVIEW

+6
Ty
bg blacc
MAFIA GANG IE bangin
P_LOKO
TumbleWeed
W.Devil
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

GAME BREAKS DOWN DURING XXL INTERVIEW Empty GAME BREAKS DOWN DURING XXL INTERVIEW

Post  W.Devil Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:40 pm

DUDE IS A FUCKIN WIERDO

“My life is f***ed up right now,” he told the magazine. “I’m in a f***ed up place. My fans love me, and I know what they want but in a minute, I’m not gonna be physically capable of pleasing the world with music because my mind isn’t right. People are driving me under God’s good earth.”

It’s no secret that during Game’s career, there’s been turmoil, but we didn’t expect this. Later in the interview, he revealed suicidal thoughts.

“Sometimes I wanna be at peace so bad that I wish myself off of the earth,” Game said.

According to AOL’s The Boombox, the XXL ends with Game breaking down into tears. The tears aren’t just for his present struggles, but also for hip-hop, he says.

“The tears coming from my left eye are from the sh** that I’m dealing with in my life, and the tears down my right cheek are tears for hip-hop.”
Source: Ballerstatus

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Number of posts : 2977
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

GAME BREAKS DOWN DURING XXL INTERVIEW Empty Re: GAME BREAKS DOWN DURING XXL INTERVIEW

Post  W.Devil Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:41 pm

LOL...THIS FOOL GOT THE CHUCK LIDDELL MOHAWK GOIN ON HAHA
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Back to top Go down

GAME BREAKS DOWN DURING XXL INTERVIEW Empty Re: GAME BREAKS DOWN DURING XXL INTERVIEW

Post  TumbleWeed Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:20 pm

The man is breaking down because of the bullshit situations he put himself in. I don't blame him but I cant feel sympathy for dude either.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350
Registration date : 2008-01-19

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:20 pm

Did he just get that butterfly/LA tat covered up again???
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:22 pm

What the...did he just cover up his LA tat with big ass red star? First it was a damn butterfly...then smell A...now what?
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Number of posts : 3824
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:23 pm

NYTE RYDA wrote:Did he just get that butterfly/LA tat covered up again???

LOL I just noticed that shit right now...if he did...this fool is lost...Needs to make up his mind. Changes up his tattoos like he changes clothes
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Number of posts : 3824

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:42 pm

lol.his shits all fucked up...

first he has that NWA tat covering up some gay lookin sun...then he gets a butterfly...gets clowned for it...then decides to cover it with a LA dodger logo and then proceeds to put a red star around the LA sign i guess cause he realized how dumb that la sign looked with some butterfly wings in the background haha....what a clown...

i havent been feelin dude since the docuentary...i didnt like the DA that much
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Back to top Go down

Post  MAFIA GANG IE bangin Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:02 am

This nigga needs help!! Is this nigga bipolar?

MAFIA GANG IE bangin
Soldier

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:24 am

Who knows possibly.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:24 am

The only other bipolar rapper thats out there that made it known he had that shit was brotha lynch hung.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  bg blacc Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:42 am

lol nigga crack under pressure lol fuck that nigga. i said 5 years ago game was a fraud, imposta, and a actor, anything but a hood nigga his shit is c-thru. got 20 mill in the bank yet this nigga is crying ? lol GTFOOH wit that shit.

bg blacc
Soldier

Number of posts : 161

Back to top Go down

Post  bg blacc Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:54 am

and yea brotha lynch on some different shit yall peep this track "black market" nigga talk about eating baby guts.

bg blacc
Soldier

Back to top Go down

GAME BREAKS DOWN DURING XXL INTERVIEW Empty Sell ya soul

Post  Ty Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:54 am

That's what happens when the industry turn a middle class fool from the Valley into a record store banger. He keep chaning his tatts because his A&R manager is telling him how to be more realistic. Check this out, first ole boy had the butterfly tatt on his cheek right. So what he cover it up with? An LA tatt, why? Because that's what his A&R manager got on his cheek. So that brings me to my next point. You got this blind date reject being advised on how to be a marketable blood by a Sixty crip. So no wonder ole boy is crying. He know he done sold his soul for cheap and he don't know how to get out of the situation he in. He can't go no where and he ain't got no cash.

$20 million, come on man how this fool gone make $20 mil when he getting out sold by Hannah Montana? Yall do the math, if Warner Music is struggling and the value of the company is dippin like daily and the top level management in Bronfman and Liar Cohen is pulling down $8 mil or so between the two of them, how you figure they gonna pay ni---s like Gayme and Jay-Z $20 to $40 million per year each? It ain't gonna happen. All them figures is for the publications. The only way an artist is gonna make any money is off touring and they got rap locked out of the major arenas. The revenue from selling out the House of Blues ain't nowhere near what you gone get selling out the Staple center. Touring figures is down overall and they never have been real strong for rap so where do these numbers come from? Look at the struggles they had with Live Nation ticket sales. They damn near went bankrupt trying to push high end ticket prices for private shows. The figures don't lie. The artist don't even get paid on their album sales until the record company recoups all of its expenses and even then they only get paid on half of what they have earned. The rest of the money goes into an interest bearing account which pays back to the label. The artist if he or she is lucky to garner record sales which justify the label investing in a second project will start receiving payouts on the other half of what they've earned after about 2 years. Yeah that's right 2 years. At which time uncle Sam is standing there with his hand out for his 30 to 40%.

Check these articles out on rap and ticket sales and the last one about tax troubles. Notice some of the names mentioned. People who been in the game for decades and they short on tax cash.

Does hip-hop get a bad rap when it comes to concert sales?

By Jim Harrington
Staff writer
Article Launched: 04/14/2008 09:16:57 AM PDT

The scene was striking in its incongruity.
There was Nelly, the St. Louis rapper who was dominating the Billboard charts, standing onstage at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View back in 2002. It was, in many regards, Nelly's year. His sophomore disc, "Nellyville," had debuted at No. 1 and was well on its way to selling a mind-blowing 6 million copies. His single "Hot in Herre" was the club anthem of the year, and radio stations across the country seemed to be bumping it every hour on the hour.
Yet that couldn't translate to a sell-out crowd in one of the top markets for hip-hop in the country. Touring as part of a package with Big Tymers, Fabolous and Lil' Wayne, Nelly was only able to fill roughly a third of the building — just a smidge over 7,000 tickets — meaning the 22,000-capacity Shoreline looked ridiculously empty as Nelly rapped his way through his chart-topping hits.
Truth is, given major label hip-hop's track record at arenas and amphitheaters, promoters were probably lucky to get that many fans into the building. Nelly's Shoreline show was hardly an isolated case of a mega-rapper failing to fill the house. In fact, for much of rap's history, including its dominant days of the late '90s and early 2000s, that's been pretty much the norm.
As we prepare for the biggest weekend of hip-hop local fans will see all year — Kanye West leads an all-star lineup into Arco Arena in Sacramento on Friday and the HP Pavilion on Saturday, and then Jay-Z teams up with Mary J. Blige at the Oracle Arena in Oakland on April 20 — it raises a question for which there seems to be no succinct answer: Why doesn't hip-hop perform better at the concert gate?
Hit CD not the ticket
Even though rap seems a few years past its glory days, you're still likely to see several hip-hop artists on the latest Billboard album charts. Then take a look at the Pollstar Top 50, which counts up the biggest money-makers currently on tour, and you'll notice quite a different story.
"I look at our Top 50 tours and there's almost nothing on there but rock 'n' roll and country," says Gary Bongiovanni, editor-in-chief of the concert industry trade publication Pollstar. "In general, rap/hip-hop tours don't do near the business that you'd expect based on record sales. That's just across the board."
That's not a recent trend or even a trend at all. The genre never seems to post the type of concert revenues that live up to its record sales. It seems to be the opposite of the rock world, where so many big names (the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, Elton John, etc.) do far better at the concert gate than on the album charts.
To illustrate, scan the numbers from the first part of this decade, when rap was experiencing some banner years. In 2003, two of the year's top 10 selling albums belonged to rappers, including 50 Cent, who came in at No. 1 with "Get Rich or Die Tryin.'" In 2004, three hip-hop stars placed among the year-end top 10 sellers. The following year, it was the same story.
But over the same three-year time period, there wasn't a hip-hop star who finished among the top 10 in the concert industry.That says plenty about where the emphasis lies in each genre.
"The rock experience is all about the live show," says Rick Mueller, president of Live Nation Northern California. "I'm guessing if you took a poll, (people would say) the hip-hop experience is all about the CD."
Things have only gotten worse for the rap concert industry in recent years, as major players such as Eminem and (at least temporarily) Jay-Z dropped out of the game. The gap between a hip-hop artist's ability to sell records and to move tickets, according to Bongiovanni, "just seems to keep widening — ridiculously."
In 2006 and 2007, there was relatively little news about rappers embarking on major tours. That's due in large part to the lack of hip-hoppers who can actually command arena dates.
"There are very few," agrees Rob Evans, editor of the Ticketmaster-owned tour news Web site LiveDaily.com. "I don't know if I'd even put the Beastie Boys in that category any more. (Hip-hop tours) have sort of dropped off the radar. You've got the Roots, who can sell out any theater in the country. But take it up a notch (in terms of venue size), and who do you have?"
The guys in suits, the ones whose year-end bonuses are determined by the relative health of the rap economy, like to say that hip-hop's failure at the box office can be attributed to an overall decline in sales in the music industry. Other insiders suggest other theories.
"I say that a lot of it has to do with substandard product," says Bay Area hip-hop journalist Davey D.
Making a connection
Davey D has a little game that he likes to play with people: He finds a hip-hop fan and asks him or her to name a recent hit album. He then asks that person to name more than three songs off that record.
"Most people can't do it," he reports. "But if I ask them to name all the songs off Wu-Tang's '36 Chambers,' there are people who can do it."
Davey D gets similarly knowledgeable responses when he asks folks about a classic Tupac disc or Public Enemy's sophomore outing, 1988's "It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back."
"That's an indication that there is an emotional connection that those artists made with their fans," he says. "And a lot of them did it with touring."
Yet hip-hop artists, at least those signed to major labels, have been reluctant to tour. And label execs have been shy about sending their artists out on the road, perhaps afraid that the rappers will play to half-full houses and the tours will lose money.
Thus, the hip-hop industry currently finds itself in a classic Catch-22 situation. Everyone would like these artists to play for big crowds, but are hesitant to invest what it takes to build a sizable audience. "There are very few acts of any genre, who, if they are not working the road continually, can fill up a building," Evans says. "Whereas acts that have sort of lived on the road, like the Roots and Spearhead, they can sell out."
Indeed, as Davey D points out, rap has two divisions. There are the major label rappers, who shun the typical tour circuit in favor of other means of promotion, and there are the independent cats, who understand that playing concerts is one avenue to success. That latter group includes the Roots and Spearhead, as well as such local acts as Lyrics Born and the Coup. Not coincidentally, those road warriors tend to be some of the best-reviewed live acts in all of hip-hop.
"Independent artists do 40-50 dates a year and do quite well," Davey D says. "You see Boots (Riley) and the Coup, and some of the other artists who don't get regular airplay, and they're killing it in concert. They clearly understand that the best way to make a connection with their fan base is to tour."
Not everyone, obviously, would agree with that theory.
Video killed the concert star
The standing operating procedure for breaking a new rap star, and building a fan base, has very little to do with touring. It's built on getting airplay, which means playing 15-minute sets at multi-act radio-station-sponsored events, and pouring lots of money into making videos.
During hip-hop's salad days, there was no reason to argue against that process. Overnight rap sensations were moving millions of units, watching themselves on TV and flying around the country in fancy jets. Yet there's a downside to such a quickly built foundation.
"It can put you in a space that you think you don't really have to worry about performing," Davey D says. "BET, MTV videos are the important thing — millions see you and it goes to your head."
But these rappers often find themselves replaced by the next hot new thing, with the next hot new single, and if they want a seat on a jet, they'd better have an airline ticket.
"I think that's really the problem that the hip-hop artists face — that they are commodities, and disposable ones at that," says Davey D.
Hip-hop, perhaps more than any other genre, is fueled by one-hit wonders. Some artists achieve that ranking by accident, while others seem to be molded into a perfect fit. But when that song has run its course on radio and the charts, a label has no further use for the artist. Thus, a label isn't going to pour a lot of money into developing hip-hop artists.
"Soulja Boy is not going to get a major tour," says Marcus Reeves, author of the newly released book "Somebody Scream! Rap Music's Rise to Prominence in the Aftershock of Black Power." Reeves says he understands why so many young hip-hop artists have been reluctant to tour over the years — it was a money thing, and the quick fix came with signing a record deal, not from months spent out on the road. Thus, the emphasis has traditionally been on polishing up the mixtape instead of honing the live show. That strategy worked as long as record execs were willing to throw handfuls of cash at prospects, but, as Reeves points out, "those days are over."
Positive tip
There are some indicators that things could improve for the hip-hop concert industry. For one, the touring hip-hop festival Rock the Bells drew some 50,000 locals during its stop in San Francisco last year — although not without the help of rock-oriented headliner Rage Against the Machine.
A more pertinent case will be played out this upcoming weekend as the Bay Area hosts Kanye West and the Jay-Z/Blige juggernaut. Tickets will be hard to come by for both. Live Nation's Rick Mueller expects Jay-Z to sell out, while ducats for West's show — featuring, among others, hot newcomer Rihanna— are long gone.
"I've never seen a show sell out so fast," said Danielle Madeira, publicist for Another Planet Entertainment, the Berkeley-based promoter hosting West's gig in San Jose.
West is a dramatic exception in the live hip-hop business. Although his last visit to the HP Pavilion in 2005 filled only half the house, he's continued to build his audience, and has become known as the rare hip-hopper who embraces the same type of pricey stage theatrics as the Rolling Stones.
"Kanye is a showman, which I think is a trait that a lot of other hip-hop artists lack," says Pollstar's Gary Bongiovanni.
Let's say that things changed overnight and that rappers decided to start touring as frequently as Jimmy Buffett. Would that right the ship?
One possible roadblock is the perception that violence and crime are staples of the hip-hop bill. Some parents are clearly wary of sending their teens to a rap show, having heard the urban legends and a few real news stories about problems at hip-hop shows — but how well-founded are these concerns in 2008?
"Does violence happen at some shows?" says Oliver Wang, editor of the book "Classic Material: The Hip-Hop Album Guide." "At times, sure, but violence happens at all kinds of public events, and it's rare that you've seen the same level of whipped-up hysteria."
The concert industry has really upped its efforts to ensure public safety. The scene at a hip-hop show today is vastly different than what one would have found even five years ago. Plus, the lyrical content has changed dramatically (with Glock-toting gangsta rap now out of favor).
"There have been relatively few problems at major hip-hop shows," says LiveDaily's Evans. "I think (the violence factor) is more of a perception than reality."
That perception, however, is not what's keeping promoters from booking hip-hop acts, Evans says. It's the perception that most rappers won't draw at the gate.
"Concert promoters are in it to make money," he says. "If they thought they could make it with hip-hop shows, there would be more major hip-hop shows."

Ty
Soldier

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:16 pm

I truly believe the niggas previous actions taken are finally catching up to him. Look at the situation with him and his brother. Thats some out of line shit, and factoring in that its his own flesh and blood makes it all the worse.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  MAFIA GANG IE bangin Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:35 am

The Game is a dope rapper too me!! That nigga can spit!!! Has n e body seen Game's brother get socked out on you tube!! LOL That nigga is a bitch!!! I suggest yall look at shit up on you tube!!! The nigga got socked and didnt do shit!!!!

MAFIA GANG IE bangin
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:38 am

GAME RAPS ABOUT SHIT HE DONT KNOW, JUST TAKING WHAT 2PAC AND EASY E DID...HE DIDNT EVEN START TO KICK IT ON THE STREETS TELL AFTER HE GOT OUTA HIGH SCHOOL.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:41 am

AND SEEING HIM ON CHANGE OF HEART IS SOME FUNNY ASS SHIT LOL. HOMIE DIDNT HAVE ONE TATT THAN A YEAR LATER HES ALL TATTED DOWN REPPING BLOOD LOL.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  MAFIA GANG IE bangin Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:49 am

All that may be true but the nigga can spit!!!!!

MAFIA GANG IE bangin
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  bg blacc Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:50 am

nah

bg blacc
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandhustle_909 Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:37 pm

Mafia304 wrote:The Game is a dope rapper too me!! That nigga can spit!!! Has n e body seen Game's brother get socked out on you tube!! LOL That nigga is a bitch!!! I suggest yall look at shit up on you tube!!! The nigga got socked and didnt do shit!!!!

I saw Face catching a cold one to the face...by crackhead dude from his own hood too...LOL. Shit is kinda funny how Face invited Spider Locc to the hood, and this fool Spider pretty much ended up ruining Faces reputation by putting out that video. And then Face made it 10 times worst for himself by putting out that 15 minute video of him tryna explain the incident and making up excuses

Grandhustle_909
Associate

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  CaliforniaRepublic Fri May 02, 2008 7:06 am

He got good flow, but pushing that damu nature was too heavy in my opinion. If you ah G people gone recognize that in your presence, on and off the mic, so there's no need to floss that lifestyle on records. Especially when you just started bangin' about a year or two before people even knew who you were. But then again, maybe thats why he did it, felt he had something to prove??? He still young.... Either way, it's a cold game, and you gotta live it to learn it... I wish dude the best through whatever he going through.

He showed alot of people love on the mic. so i have to respect that. But tone it down bruh!! Dont dig ya own grave, like Pac and Biggie did... Keep it pushing!
CaliforniaRepublic
CaliforniaRepublic
Captain

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-02-04

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  CaliforniaRepublic Fri May 02, 2008 7:10 am

His brother was out of line to have them rips in the hood anyway, dressed up like that, in they colors. Video or not. If i was from there, i would've regulated that too. It's disrespectful, PLUS, homeboy told him not to bring them in they hood no way, but his brother didnt listen, so.... we all seen the outcome. Thats violation! White boy did what he was 'sposed to do. "Kick them fools off the block and check whoever brought'um".
CaliforniaRepublic
CaliforniaRepublic
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  CaliforniaRepublic Fri May 02, 2008 7:17 am

If anything, his brother should have called that dude up and had it squared away privately wit a head up. Hell, he could have even put the whole "get-even" scrap on youtube, since he like that site so much to even explain on it.
CaliforniaRepublic
CaliforniaRepublic
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Fri May 02, 2008 12:13 pm

Jae wrote:His brother was out of line to have them rips in the hood anyway, dressed up like that, in they colors. Video or not. If i was from there, i would've regulated that too. It's disrespectful, PLUS, homeboy told him not to bring them in they hood no way, but his brother didnt listen, so.... we all seen the outcome. Thats violation! White boy did what he was 'sposed to do. "Kick them fools off the block and check whoever brought'um".

I don't see that as even being an issue, especially since you could factor in that this aint 1988. It aint really crucial like that no more, and money talks. That White Boy cat that layed him out, just used that shit as a cop out in my opinion, and you cant leave out the fact that Spider Loc and him had some negotiations going on prior to that even taking place. You can't trust niggas like that and thats where he went wrong.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

GAME BREAKS DOWN DURING XXL INTERVIEW Empty On the real

Post  Ty Mon May 05, 2008 9:37 am

I don't care what was going on behind the scenes once a fool put his hands on you, no matter what the reason. You got to get down and get down right now. Ain't no I'll catch you later on this one homie. See it was time to back up all that hype the PR department was pushing and he failed to do so. So that right shows you a couple of things. First dude that took off on him ain't respecting him as an individual and nor is he caring about all that hoopla they was spittin in the source and all them Hollyhood publications about being g's. Second he wasn't concerned about retaliation because alot of these youngsters is strictly gun soldiers. They ain't had the hand to hand training that you used to get so it it was me I would have automatically expected that putting my hands on fool was going to escalate the entire event into a mini-battle. So really yal witnessed him getting his khakis dropped down to ankles and instead of boxers, he had on a silky ass thong.

As far as business is concerned, it comes to a hault with that single action. How you gonna conduct business with a fool that don't have no respect for you as a man and obviously doesn't fear you as a so called g. So in my opinion win, loose or draw you got to defend yourself especially when it comes to something like this. If I'm wrong for bringing somebody in the hood then come and lets discusss this like men but you ain't my pops so don't do thinking you can just get to thumping on me like I'm your kid. The sad part about all of this is, you got fools online thinking this idiot is really a G. Neither one of them bustas is from a hood, hell I doubt they even really brothers. You got to see this what it is, another Hollywood twist up just like all these socalled hood publications that is popping up daily. Flip the pages and you see one lie after another. One snitch after another, one smoker who never was what he claims fronting like he was all that and a bag of murder. You'd be surprise how many of these socalled g's was washing fools boxers in jail. You'd be shocked how many OG's have sold they hoods out for a few pieces of silver. I won't go into that right now but lets let the record reflect some of these A&R's is straight up snitches and bit--es when it come to money.

Ty
Soldier

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next