Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For those who want to know Highland the real story

+5
C/Lok
P_LOKO
alfonzemefesto
American Zombie
TumbleWeed
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

For those who want to know Highland the real story Empty For those who want to know Highland the real story

Post  Guest Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:38 pm

Higland has never had its own gangs first of all. East Side Highland and Colonia 13 are originally from Redlands. Highland was/is just like Del Rosa is to San Bernardino. It's San Bernardino no matter what. It wasn't until 1992 when Highland officials chose to break away from San Bernardino and incorporate as a city. So yeh Highland is its own city now but it is only 16yrs old. Thats just like yeh we are 909 but if you are my age range...and bangin (which i'm not) you still say 714! sev'n wun fo!

Back to top Go down

For those who want to know Highland the real story Empty Re: For those who want to know Highland the real story

Post  TumbleWeed Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:00 pm

niners wrote:Higland has never had its own gangs first of all. East Side Highland and Colonia 13 are originally from Redlands. Highland was/is just like Del Rosa is to San Bernardino. It's San Bernardino no matter what. It wasn't until 1992 when Highland officials chose to break away from San Bernardino and incorporate as a city. So yeh Highland is its own city now but it is only 16yrs old. Thats just like yeh we are 909 but if you are my age range...and bangin (which i'm not) you still say 714! sev'n wun fo!

But it always had the Highland name and it was not actually apart of the city, it was unincorporated and then became a actual city in the late 80's. Also Highland is not only 16 years old. It was their long before it was incorporated. People actually from SB have always knew the difference. SB stopped at the Del Rosa area.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350
Registration date : 2008-01-19

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

For those who want to know Highland the real story Empty Re: For those who want to know Highland the real story

Post  TumbleWeed Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:02 pm

Highland became the out of towner transplant spot in the late 80's and early 90's for families and bangers from LA came around but wanted to avoid drama in SB and the Westside by the locals. That's what it will always be known for in my eyes. Nothing more. No real history.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:14 pm

NYTE RYDA wrote:Highland became the out of towner transplant spot in the late 80's and early 90's for families and bangers from LA came around but wanted to avoid drama in SB and the Westside by the locals. That's what it will always be known for in my eyes. Nothing more. No real history.

True its always been a haven. BUt Highland didn't incorporate until 1992. Yes it was an unincorporated area known as Higland because they're elevation is higher than San Bernardino. But just like Muscoy and Del rosa its still considered Sb. Kind of like echo park is an area in Los Angeles. It is a section. Shandon Hills is a section of SB. Um...oh Arrowhead Farms is an unincorporated area that gets water and everything from the city so it is city of san bernardino. The Valley wasn't considered San Bernardino notice on waterman you dn't see the city limit sign until you get passed rialto avenue? But we all know the valley is san bernardino. Basically you have city limits and outskirts. Highland, The Valley, Del Rosa, Muscoy, Arrowhead Farms...all Outskirts of the city. but still san bernardino. But like i said, highland incorporated in 1992. If you go to the California Room in the second level of downtown library...you can research the exact date and read the paper. It said Higland broke away from San Bernardino.

Back to top Go down

For those who want to know Highland the real story Empty or it could of been the late 80's but i remember the paper cause i read the paper

Post  Guest Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:18 pm

niners wrote:
NYTE RYDA wrote:Highland became the out of towner transplant spot in the late 80's and early 90's for families and bangers from LA came around but wanted to avoid drama in SB and the Westside by the locals. That's what it will always be known for in my eyes. Nothing more. No real history.

True its always been a haven. BUt Highland didn't incorporate until 1992. Yes it was an unincorporated area known as Higland because they're elevation is higher than San Bernardino. But just like Muscoy and Del rosa its still considered Sb. Kind of like echo park is an area in Los Angeles. It is a section. Shandon Hills is a section of SB. Um...oh Arrowhead Farms is an unincorporated area that gets water and everything from the city so it is city of san bernardino. The Valley wasn't considered San Bernardino notice on waterman you dn't see the city limit sign until you get passed rialto avenue? But we all know the valley is san bernardino. Basically you have city limits and outskirts. Highland, The Valley, Del Rosa, Muscoy, Arrowhead Farms...all Outskirts of the city. but still san bernardino. But like i said, highland incorporated in 1992. If you go to the California Room in the second level of downtown library...you can research the exact date and read the paper. It said Higland broke away from San Bernardino.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:19 pm

Highland, California
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Highland, California

Location in San Bernardino County and the state of California
Coordinates: 34°7′6″N 117°12′9″W / 34.11833, -117.2025
Country United States
State California
County San Bernardino
Area
- Total 13.8 sq mi (35.7 km²)
- Land 13.6 sq mi (35.3 km²)
- Water 0.2 sq mi (0.4 km²)
Elevation 1,309 ft (399 m)
Population (2000)
- Total 44,605
- Density 3,232.2/sq mi (1,249.4/km²)
Time zone PST (UTC-Cool
- Summer (DST) PDT (UTC-7)
ZIP code 92346
Area code(s) 909
FIPS code 06-33588
GNIS feature ID 1652722
Highland is a city in San Bernardino County, California, United States. The population was 44,605 at the 2000 census. It also refers to a geographical area of the City of San Bernardino (generally north of Highland Avenue and east of Del Rosa Avenue to the eastern city limits), and parts of unincorporated San Bernardino County. Highland is also the home of American Pizza Company, the 2006 Inland Empire magazine winner for best pizza in San Bernardino and Riverside Counties.

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:33 pm

niners wrote:

Muscoy is well known to be an unicorporated area. It's not part of SB. SB County yes SB city no. I've heard people confuse DH as Muscoy but DH is definatley with in SB city limits. Also I just checked Highland became incorporated in 1987. Shandin Hills, Del Rosa etc...are ALL sections with different names with IN the actual city of SB. It's not the same as Muscoy which is not part of the actual city.

The Valley wasn't considered San Bernardino notice on waterman you dn't see the city limit sign until you get passed rialto avenue?

You talking about the sign on going North on Waterman by that Car repair shop just below 9th? LOL. That's not even a legit sign posted up by the city, shit looks like some kids were messing around and did that shit out of mischief, it's all crooked and lop sided as well like it was placed there by some one who plucked it out of another spot. LOL. You been in SB city limits for blocks now before that, that's all legit SB there bruh. Way before that.

Last edited by NYTE RYDA on Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:34 pm

Whats that American Pizza company?
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:53 pm

Thiers no need to argue about this LOL. Seriously.

its just a matter of your own personal outlook. SB is a city with city limits but obviously theirs little communities near by...Like Muscoy etc..Now Highland is its own city but yea it is close to the east part of SB. Its like my girl family, the aunts, uncles, cousins etc...Some live in Muscoy, some live in the Mt Vernon area, some live near down town, a few live on the Highland SB border..either way they're all in the San Bernardino area. Now we can get all techincal and we know Highland is its own city and eveything. But its irrelvant to anything really.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:02 pm

NYTE RYDA wrote:Whats that American Pizza company?

I think its the all american pizza on del rosa...you need to hit that spot up. Best pizza i've ever tasted ever. Ever. and no man, i don't know what sign you're talking about but there is a legitimate sign off of waterman, yes going north. they probably did uproot it from its original place on waterman. but it was still on waterman if its the same one. but cray you gotta point. to be honest some peoples mail says san bernardino and they are in del rosa.

Back to top Go down

Post  alfonzemefesto Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:50 pm

niners wrote:Higland has never had its own gangs first of all. East Side Highland and Colonia 13 are originally from Redlands.

I never heard of east side highland when I was out in redlands or going to RHS. Most of the colonia cats were recent immigrants and claimed sur X3 as their gang before they started bangin' colonia, which I always thought was odd.
alfonzemefesto
alfonzemefesto
Soldier

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:04 pm

alfonzemefesto wrote:
niners wrote:Higland has never had its own gangs first of all. East Side Highland and Colonia 13 are originally from Redlands.

I never heard of east side highland when I was out in redlands or going to RHS. Most of the colonia cats were recent immigrants and claimed sur X3 as their gang before they started bangin' colonia, which I always thought was odd.

I think its in the redlands section you'll see a cliping regarding east side highland kats and their origin. I think its that area off of east baseline where the old homes are near the fwy. There are still ese's over there.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:12 pm

alfonzemefesto wrote:

the complete post is on (still no mention of OS1's) a post regarding the very new gang if infact it is Outrageous one's of Redlands...you know the redlands crips??

HIGHLAND
Two deputies are assigned full time to the sheriff's Highland station's multiple enforcement team, which combats street crimes, including gangs, Lt. Tom Neely said.

Gangs known to claim the city are North Side Redlands and Colonial Trece also a Redlands-based gang that has claimed Highland and established offshoot gangs the East Siders and East Side Highland, Neely said.

Other gangs known to reside in the city include SGV, or San Gabriel Valley, Florencia 13, West Side Verdugo and the Crips affiliate Pimps, Playboys, Hustlers and Gangsters, Neely said.

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:13 pm

cray wrote:Thiers no need to argue about this LOL. Seriously.

its just a matter of your own personal outlook. SB is a city with city limits but obviously theirs little communities near by...Like Muscoy etc..Now Highland is its own city but yea it is close to the east part of SB. Its like my girl family, the aunts, uncles, cousins etc...Some live in Muscoy, some live in the Mt Vernon area, some live near down town, a few live on the Highland SB border..either way they're all in the San Bernardino area. Now we can get all techincal and we know Highland is its own city and eveything. But its irrelvant to anything really.

Who's arguing?? LOL.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:14 pm

And also , the WS Ragugo Tamato Sauce locotes gang.

Last edited by cray on Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:14 pm

LOL!
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm

cray wrote:And also , the WS Ragugo Tamato Sauce locotes gang.

What?! Ay homie this is big bad KFC gang! BKk, MCDk, Bsk, TBk, DTk, INOk, FBsk, Fuck them Germans Too WSZk, EPLk, and all them off brand imitation meats like JPLk, FuCK all them off brands like MDGRK put an X thru them. FuCK (notice the KFC in that?) All Flommy's mattafact FuCK all Burgers and Fries...*Squawk Squawk* this is big bad KFC all day we representz that mad ass Chickens and Gravy'z on mine. Fuck all Burgurz and FLies This is Chickenz and Gray'z SQUAWK!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I'M OUT 1...AND WE CLUCK WITH THEM OS1'S TOO WHAT!

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:55 am

alfonzemefesto wrote:

East Side Highland Gang is a faily new gang that started sometime around 2000 something. Wasn't around too long. Yeah Colonia 13 is known to be the "paisas" and are always getting dissed by Redlands varrios, but they did put it down for theirs. And yeah your right, I knew a dude from Colonia 13...he said that before it was Colonia 13, it was just Sur 13 gang...which does sound odd and very generic.
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Number of posts : 3824
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  C/Lok Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:55 pm

theres a Colonia 13 in oxnard too...

C/Lok
Wannabe

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:33 pm

COXCH ES colonia chiques..the only hood and area alfonzo recognizes outside of LA...
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Number of posts : 2977
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:37 pm

ES Colonia Chiques yeah I hear they got alot of similarities with OVS the both beganed in the 1940's, they both are over 1,000 deep, they both got theres cities on-lock, they both got similar traditions, both cities are about the same size in population, ETC. Yeah that youngsters name is LoBoy.

Last edited by surcalmex on Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:37 pm

ES Colonia Chiques yeah I hear they got alot of similarities with OVS the both beganed in the 1940's, they both are over 1,000 deep, they both got theres cities on-lock, they both got similar traditions, both cities are about the same size in population, ETC. Yeah and that youngsters name is LoBoy
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:43 pm

lol i dont kno anything about that way...all i know is that i was in oxnard and seen an albino paisa and that shit was wierd...
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Number of posts : 2977
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:52 pm

LOL
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:54 pm

Oxnard is not to far from the San Fernando Valley rite? What is it like 30 minutes apart?
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next