Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GREATEST FILMS OF ALL TIME..

+22
.02 cents
big smiley
wesiderider
wolfman
chang
"Flaco73"
LOCO ANGELES
OldBlue
3l3m3ntal
CaliforniaRepublic
SFxSTONER
PAISA
SURCALMEX
MR. BLUE
Drunky McThuggerton
P_LOKO
BeanIExRIV
~OSO~
Drop Out
JinkyRctongs
TumbleWeed
W.Devil
26 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

GREATEST FILMS OF ALL TIME.. - Page 4 Empty Re: GREATEST FILMS OF ALL TIME..

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:53 pm

eh, its whatever. band of brothers was the shit. it had big movie quailty everything, action writing acting all that. plus it was kinda original when it came out, no war miniseries out at the time. since then theres been a million war movies and shit out...plus its just not that great. not up to band of brothers standards...

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Number of posts : 5175
Registration date : 2008-06-25

http://2012data.webs.com/theilluminati.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:38 pm

DONTxTRIP wrote:eh, its whatever. band of brothers was the shit. it had big movie quailty everything, action writing acting all that. plus it was kinda original when it came out, no war miniseries out at the time. since then theres been a million war movies and shit out...plus its just not that great. not up to band of brothers standards...
Band of Brothers will never have an equal that is certain...but prior to this there were civil war miniseries...

wesiderider
Made Member

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2009-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:02 am

Once the Peleliu part starts....its gonna be insane...Anyone that hasnt..read with the old breed..shit is what the peleliu and Okinawa parts were based on and thats all i give a fuck about in this series...the guadalcanal, cape gloucester, parts were a bore and not shit compared to BOB but i see the Peleliu, Iwo, and Oki parts touching it just based off what I know about those battles and whats in the book with the old breed..its gonna be crazy to see some of the shit form the book come to life on there.
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Number of posts : 2977
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:08 am

let me put it this way..the struggle by US Soldiers and Marines to take the Umobrogal pocket on Peleliu was arguably the single toughest fight the US Military experienced during the war...it was fuckin bad. And Oki was a horror show all its own...One of my gramps was a Corpsman on Okinawa with Infantry Marines. shit was like WW1 trench warfare at Passchendale.
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:03 am

Huero wrote:let me put it this way..the struggle by US Soldiers and Marines to take the Umobrogal pocket on Peleliu was arguably the single toughest fight the US Military experienced during the war...it was fuckin bad. And Oki was a horror show all its own...One of my gramps was a Corpsman on Okinawa with Infantry Marines. shit was like WW1 trench warfare at Passchendale.
People tend to forget or don't know that WWII had several theaters as you noted your gramps fought in the Pacific War, at the same time the European theatre was raging. I might be sketchy on this, but as the Marines suffered heavy casualties in the pacific, the Air Corp is the only other branch to suffer as many if not more in Europe, I think 12,000 or more heavy bombers were shot down in Europe totaling 100,000 dead...

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:20 am

wesiderider wrote:
Huero wrote:let me put it this way..the struggle by US Soldiers and Marines to take the Umobrogal pocket on Peleliu was arguably the single toughest fight the US Military experienced during the war...it was fuckin bad. And Oki was a horror show all its own...One of my gramps was a Corpsman on Okinawa with Infantry Marines. shit was like WW1 trench warfare at Passchendale.
People tend to forget or don't know that WWII had several theaters as you noted your gramps fought in the Pacific War, at the same time the European theatre was raging. I might be sketchy on this, but as the Marines suffered heavy casualties in the pacific, the Air Corp is the only other branch to suffer as many if not more in Europe, I think 12,000 or more heavy bombers were shot down in Europe totaling 100,000 dead...

Well it should first be noted that the Army fought just as much in the Pacific Theatre as the Marine Corps did...There was actually more Army Infantry fighting on Okinawa for example, than Marine infantry, and the Army fought and took the Phillipines, and the New Guinea campaign by themselves for the most part...just a little pet peave of mine coming from an Army family, lol....

Im not sure about 100,000 US bomber crew dead...seems pretty excessive, seeing as how we lost like 400,000-500,000 in the entire war...for 100,000 of those being bomber crews that seems a little off, imo.

Maybe total for ALL bomber crews flying over europe? The air war is something im lacking knowledge in so I dont know a hell of alot about that.

The Infantry(ARMY/USMC) always incurs the most casualties in a war usually

Last edited by Huero on Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:22 am

wesiderider wrote:
People tend to forget or don't know that WWII had several theaters as you noted your gramps fought in the Pacific War, at the same time the European theatre was raging.

Yeah, both theatres very different, but both with its own unique horrors to deal with...
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:31 am

Oh yeah, an this past episode of the Pacific was the best one yet...knew when it got to sledge it was gonna get more interesting. Peleliu gonna be fuckin crazy
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:58 am

Huero wrote:
wesiderider wrote:

Well it should first be noted that the Army fought just as much in the Pacific Theatre as the Marine Corps did...There was actually more Army Infantry fighting on Okinawa for example, than Marine infantry, and the Army fought and took the Phillipines, and the New Guinea campaign by themselves for the most part...just a little pet peave of mine coming from an Army family, lol....

Im not sure about 100,000 US bomber crew dead...seems pretty excessive, seeing as how we lost like 400,000-500,000 in the entire war...for 100,000 of those being bomber crews that seems a little off, imo.

Maybe total for ALL bomber crews flying over europe? The air war is something im lacking knowledge in so I dont know a hell of alot about that.

The Army has better equipment and the Marines are the pitbulls....in real numbers something like 50 million people died during WWII...

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:01 am

wesiderider wrote:
Huero wrote:
wesiderider wrote:

The Army has better equipment and the Marines are the pitbulls....in real numbers something like 50 million people died during WWII...

the number i put up was US Military casualties.
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:03 am

wesiderider wrote:
Huero wrote:
wesiderider wrote:

Army has its own 'pitbulls' lol
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:38 am

Yeah they do......ROGERS RANGERS

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:49 pm

wesiderider wrote:Yeah they do......ROGERS RANGERS

Rangers are pitbulls no doubt, but not for the Army, for SOCOM. the Rangers are a completely different thing than the Marine Corps. Alot of people seem to think their similar but they really aren't at all. The only part of the Marine Corps that is similar in mission is the Marine Special Operations Battalions. Or atleast some of them. I think some of the Battalions have more of a Ranger style role and others have an Army Special Forces style role.

When I said the Army has its own pitbulls i meant units like the 82nd, 173rd, 101st, 10th Mountain, etc....Really all Infantry are the pitbulls who close with and destroy the enemy. Reguardless of Airborne, Air assualt, Mechanized, or whatever.
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:28 pm

Conventional warfare is pretty much a thing of the past, even bombing is laser-guided, battle fields will be won as before technology emerged with the blood of the foot soldier. Are you referring to Airborne with the 82nd,101st....those dudes are kick-ass...jumping out of a perfectly good plane whats a matta wit'em...lol....

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:37 pm

wesiderider wrote:Conventional warfare is pretty much a thing of the past, even bombing is laser-guided, battle fields will be won as before technology emerged with the blood of the foot soldier. Are you referring to Airborne with the 82nd,101st....those dudes are kick-ass...jumping out of a perfectly good plane whats a matta wit'em...lol....

Yeah...dont forget their little brother the 173rd Airborne (Sky Soldiers)....has just an impressive battle record as the 101st and eighty duece..

Battle of Corrigedor in WWII against the Japanese where they earned a Presedential unit citation, battle of dak to in Vietnam which was one, if not the bloodiest battle of the war, hill 875 and all that. Made a combat jump into Iraq during the invasion in 03...fought in the bloodiest part of Afghanistan during their 07-08 tour in Kunar/Nuristan Provinces..fought in the Korengal, waygul, and Pech valleys and fought at Wanat...hard group of troopers...my uncle fought with them on the 07-08 Afghanistan tour.
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:45 pm

wesiderider wrote:Conventional warfare is pretty much a thing of the past, even bombing is laser-guided, battle fields will be won as before technology emerged with the blood of the foot soldier. Are you referring to Airborne with the 82nd,101st....those dudes are kick-ass...jumping out of a perfectly good plane whats a matta wit'em...lol....

I dont know from personal experience, but it seems like Infantry combat is as bloody and gruesome as it has ever been. There's a saying among some "The more things change, the more they stay the same". And thats very true, the weapons, kit, and assetts may change but for the infantrymen on the ground shit always stays the same. A good book to read that may be an eye opener is 'House To House' by David Bellavia. Shit will change anyones mind if they think these wars are some sterile video game wars fought electronically by laser guided bombs and shit like that like how the Gulf War was.
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:00 pm

Urban warfare looks to be the battlefield in these times, weapons are being made more compact by manufacturers such as FN, hk has the g39c, Knight arms has the pdw(personal favorite) , Israeli corner-shot a perfect example...it's an effective tactic to say the least, the Russians applied this method against the Germans during WWII, for Stalingrad....the winter helped too......

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:56 pm

wesiderider wrote:Urban warfare looks to be the battlefield in these times, weapons are being made more compact by manufacturers such as FN, hk has the g39c, Knight arms has the pdw(personal favorite) , Israeli corner-shot a perfect example...it's an effective tactic to say the least, the Russians applied this method against the Germans during WWII, for Stalingrad....the winter helped too......

Crazy thing in Iraq the Army was piling on as much body armor, and trying to get the weaponry as compact as possible since we were fighting an urban insurgency in places like Baghdad, Ramadi, Baqubah, or Mosul

Now in Afghanistan were trying to do the opposite, in a way. Lightening the loads and cumbersome armor to better deal with the harsh mountainous terrain of Eastern Afghanistan, and employing more designated marksmen with m14 variants to better pick off the enemy in long range firefights in the mountains. Even changing the camo pattern.
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:35 pm

Body armor....nothing is bullet proof just bullet resistant, the latest in body armor is "dragon skin" but it's been deemed "to expensive" to supply every soldier, to think Dupont invented Kevlar....not R&D....
Even mechanized armor can be defeated with depleted uranium....

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:18 pm

wesiderider wrote:Body armor....nothing is bullet proof just bullet resistant, the latest in body armor is "dragon skin" but it's been deemed "to expensive" to supply every soldier, to think Dupont invented Kevlar....not R&D....
Even mechanized armor can be defeated with depleted uranium....

True, but shit...better than nothing. I know a guy who took a round from a PKM in his body armor from like 100 yards in Sadr City and it didnt penetrate..knocked him on his ass, lol...but didnt penetrate thank god.

During Phantom Fury, Soldiers and Marines went up against some insurgents with OUR body armor and helmets. More recently i heard something about insurgents in Zabul province afghanistan fighting US Soldiers in body armor and helmets also..they were foreigners from Chechnya and shit.
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:46 pm

Good point, something is better than nothing, the "interceptor" will suffice as evident in your friends case....which is good news by the way. "Impersonation" is shady, I suppose...when on the receiving end but "deceitful tactics" serve a purpose and comes in handy when our men/women employ such strategy.

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:11 am

Episode 7 of the Pacific was fucking great...rivals anything from Band Of Brothers...

Truly showed the horror of Peleliu..maybe it wont be such a forgotten battle after this series.
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:15 am

Huero wrote:Episode 7 of the Pacific was fucking great...rivals anything from Band Of Brothers...

Truly showed the horror of Peleliu..maybe it wont be such a forgotten battle after this series.
doubt it....

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:53 am

Huero wrote:Episode 7 of the Pacific was fucking great...rivals anything from Band Of Brothers...

Or the invasion of the Aleutian Islands.....

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:56 pm

wesiderider wrote:

Or the invasion of the Aleutian Islands.....
see that i actually have heard about before, people say that american soil has never been invaded, thats cuhz they dont know bout that.

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next