Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barstow Street Villians murders a security guard

2 posters

Go down

Barstow Street Villians murders a security guard Empty Barstow Street Villians murders a security guard

Post  P_LOKO Sun May 03, 2009 5:44 pm

I knew Matthew Barnes ever since we was kids. We was ALWAYS was cool with eachother. Always used to clown around on eachother and what not. He was the only white dude from Barstow Street Villians 13, a Mexican gang. Couple weeks back, I got word from another homie who just got out the pen that Matthew Barnes was in SB County Jail.....doing ALL DAY for murder. Suprised, I went online and typed in his name...and this is what came up. This article must of been written 6 years ago. From what I hear from the homie who was in there, Barnes is riding with the South Siders in there since he is from a Mexican gang, but being that he is not Mexican himself, it wasn't a easy stay for him despite his Life sentence.....if you know what I mean.

Teens say fatal shot not aimed at victim
BARSTOW: Two suspects are being arraigned today in a railroad guard's death.

BY RICHARD BROOKS
THE PRESS-ENTERPRISE

Two teens are scheduled to be arraigned today on a murder charge for allegedly firing a rifle shot that flew the length of four football fields before fatally wounding a 62-year-old security guard.

"They didn't hit what they were aiming at," Barstow police Sgt. Mike Hunter said Tuesday. "According to their statements, they were aiming at the taillight of the vehicle the security guard was driving."

Security guard Donald D. DeBoe drove himself to a doughnut shop to seek help after the Sunday night attack at a railroad yard in Barstow. He was taken by helicopter to a Colton hospital where he died about six hours later, after surgery.

Jailed for investigation of murder are 18-year-old Matthew Barnes and 19-year-old Cartrell Smith, both of Barstow.

A .22-caliber rifle was found in Barnes' home along the 200 block of Cottage Street, Hunter said. Fifteen empty shell casings littered the house's back and side yards, nearly all fired on previous occasions, Hunter said.

The Apple Valley security guard had just arrived for work about 11:30 p.m. at the Burlington Northern-Santa Fe Railway yard. He relievedanother guard, who handed him a company radio. Moments later, DeBoe said he was hit.

"He was hit . . . one time in the upper left chest," Hunter said. "We believe there was only one shot fired during this incident."

DeBoe apparently wastargeted as he drove past Barnes' home on his way to work. The house is 1,180 feet -- just under 400 yards -- from where DeBoe was wounded, investigators determined.

"They happened to see him drive to the location where he was shot," said Hunter. "They decided to take a shot at the taillights of his car. And because of the distance, they missed the taillight and hit the security guard."

Hunter said detectives believe the teens hit DeBoe by mistake.

"It's a reasonable explanation, based on our investigation," said Hunter. "Four hundred yards with a .22 rifle is a long distance."

Reach Richard Brooks at (909) 890-4452 or rbrooks at pe.com
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Number of posts : 3824
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Barstow Street Villians murders a security guard Empty Re: Barstow Street Villians murders a security guard

Post  Drop Out Sun May 03, 2009 6:10 pm

KILLED A 62 YEAR OLD SECURITY...THATS FUCKED UP.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Barstow Street Villians murders a security guard Empty Re: Barstow Street Villians murders a security guard

Post  P_LOKO Sun May 03, 2009 6:12 pm

Yeah it was fucked up. Didn't think he would go out to do some burnt out shit like this.
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Sun May 03, 2009 6:17 pm

THE OTHER VATOS NAME SOUNDED WHITE TOO...DO THESE STREET VILLIANS HAVE ANY CHICANO BANGERS...AND ARE THEY CONNECT TO THE ONES FROM LOS?

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Sun May 03, 2009 6:21 pm

I'm pretty sure all of them with the exception of Matthew Barnes are all Mexican. When I knew him as a kid, he mentioned that he was the only White dude from the Villians. I'm not sure if Barstow STV is connected with the LA ones. I just know that all Barstow STV's rep the IE...pretty much all High Desert chicano gangs do. If they are in fact connected with the ones from Los Angeles, you will never hear them rep LA...which I can respect being that they been doing their own thing in Barstow for years.
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down