Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 Yakuza docs

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

3 Yakuza docs Empty 3 Yakuza docs

Post  3l3m3ntal Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:29 pm

1) The Rise of the 5th Regime Yamaguchi Family

Very good documentary centered around the Nanbayasu Family, a Family operating under the huge Yamaguchi Family. We see many of the things of Yakuza Culture we normally do not see.

The Shintoist Rituals of the gangsters. The holy swords in the offices. The Family Flag and the philosophy behind wars. The small poor families, one of which operates out of an apartment complex, who seem to be operating not for money but for honor, or their interpretation of it. A Yakuza Elder Ritualist, who is at one glance just a neighborhood grandfather, and his philosophy on the Path.

“The Yamaguchi Family is a Paramilitary Force.”

- Chairman Yoneoka of the Yoneoka Industries, a small family based out of Nihon-bashi, Osaka (Now a Otaku Enclave) They are known for their bloodthirsty temperament.

“You kill before you get killed. That is the Yakuza Way.”

- Waka-Gashira (Young Head, Underboss) Takeshi Kagotani of the Nanbayasu Family, based out of Sakai City, Osaka

“Not once have I ever regretted this life. Ever. I made my own decisions.”

- Chairman Hiroshi Yoneoka, 2nd Regime boss of the Yoneoka Industries, on his 14 years in the penitentiary

“So as long as men continue to respect other men, the Yakuza will keep growing?” “Yes.”

- Chairman Ryuji Hayashi of the Hayashi Family, a small 30 member family based out of Kishiwada City, Osaka.

“A True Yakuza would never order his men to kill or die for him. Would a real father do that to his own children?”

- Yakuza Elder Kazuma Tsumura, on the Younger Yakuza

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2) A Gangster's Palace: Documentary on a Yakuza Castle

Documentary on the Yakuza Castle built on prime real estate in Tokyo by Zainichi Korean Mobster, “Ginza Tiger” Hisayuki Machii.

Last edited by 3l3m3ntal on Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
3l3m3ntal
3l3m3ntal
Soldier

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

3 Yakuza docs Empty Re: 3 Yakuza docs

Post  Wes88 Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:22 pm

the yakuza go hard...i remember watchin sumthin on the history channel bout who would win if the yakuza and the italian mafia went at it...
Wes88
Wes88
Soldier

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  3l3m3ntal Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:03 pm

Wes88 wrote:the yakuza go hard...i remember watchin sumthin on the history channel bout who would win if the yakuza and the italian mafia went at it...

I have no fuckin idea, but the US mafias were hit very hard by the FBI over the years and hide behind legitimate businesses and corporations, but no doubt still have their hands deep in the pie.

What about the Russian mafia, Albanian mafia, the Italy and Sicily based Camorra, Ndrangheta, ASCN mafias, or the Chinese Tongs and Triads? Oh yeah, the Los Zetas of Mexico and the various Mexican cartels or the Columbian Cartels (tho like the American based Italian mafia has been weakened too but by rival wars and Columbian/USA joint law enforcement efforts leading to fragmentation)?

I don't know it would be a matter of who plays their hand best, who made better use of their power base, and who was most organized and prepared for both the short and the long term mob wars.
3l3m3ntal
3l3m3ntal
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  JinkyRctongs Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:08 pm

Any docs on The Tongs?
JinkyRctongs
JinkyRctongs
Captain

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  3l3m3ntal Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:09 pm

Jinky wrote:Any docs on The Tongs?

I'll see if I can find something on The Tongs/Triads post em tonight.

Dude, your new avatar gives me sudden urges to hop my monitor. Wink
3l3m3ntal
3l3m3ntal
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  JinkyRctongs Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:13 pm

I'll have a new one every week.

Thanks on the docs, would like to know more about The Tongs orginization, thats were my gang got its name from, a film based on them in 60's.
JinkyRctongs
JinkyRctongs
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  3l3m3ntal Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:19 pm

Jinky wrote:I'll have a new one every week.

Thanks on the docs, would like to know more about The Tongs orginization, thats were my gang got its name from, a film based on them in 60's.

You're welcome!

Curious, what gang do you represent?
3l3m3ntal
3l3m3ntal
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  JinkyRctongs Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:23 pm

Real Calton Tongs, East End of Glasgow.
JinkyRctongs
JinkyRctongs
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  JinkyRctongs Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:26 pm

And if you have 12 pages or so time to spare lol... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
JinkyRctongs
JinkyRctongs
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  3l3m3ntal Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:32 pm

Jinky wrote:Real Calton Tongs, East End of Glasgow.

That is fascinating history. I have always wondered about the ganglife across the pond. I'll read the deeper thread tonight. Thanks!
3l3m3ntal
3l3m3ntal
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  JinkyRctongs Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:36 pm

If you Google a bit youll find lots more information on how it started with Irish immigrants coming in the early 1900's and thats when the first gangs were formed, more along religous lines (Catholic & Protestant) and when our ancestors came here it brung alot of the secterian values etc with them too.

But England is totally different, London and other places are very Americanized or hip hop minded you could say, they even have copy cat bloods and crips there, nothing like that up here, we very much bang to our own drum.
JinkyRctongs
JinkyRctongs
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  3l3m3ntal Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:46 pm

Jinky wrote:If you Google a bit youll find lots more information on how it started with Irish immigrants coming in the early 1900's and thats when the first gangs were formed, more along religous lines (Catholic & Protestant) and when our ancestors came here it brung alot of the secterian values etc with them too.

But England is totally different, London and other places are very Americanized or hip hop minded you could say, they even have copy cat bloods and crips there, nothing like that up here, we very much bang to our own drum.

Yeah, I can dig that, it sounds like gangs in Ireland have abit more tradition and deeper history rather than the rampant Americanized synthesism taking place in England. I know religion runs very deep with the Irish on both sides of the pond, if it is not purely devotional it is deeply sentimental and symbolic.
3l3m3ntal
3l3m3ntal
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  JinkyRctongs Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:47 pm

3l3m3ntal wrote:
Jinky wrote:If you Google a bit youll find lots more information on how it started with Irish immigrants coming in the early 1900's and thats when the first gangs were formed, more along religous lines (Catholic & Protestant) and when our ancestors came here it brung alot of the secterian values etc with them too.

Yeah, I can dig thatt, it sounds like gangs in Ireland have abit more tradition and deeper history rather than the rampant Americanized synthesism taking place in England. I know religion runs very deep with the Irish on both sides of the pond, if it is not purely devotional it is deeply sentimental and symbolic.

Im not from Ireland, Im from Scotland, Thousands upon thousand of Irish fled here in the late 1800's and early 1900's, mainly in the West of Scotland (Glasgow).

Ireland dont really have street gangs, they have terrorist orginizations lol, IRA, UVF, UDA etc etc

Last edited by Jinky on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
JinkyRctongs
JinkyRctongs
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:47 pm

Wes88 wrote:the yakuza go hard...i remember watchin sumthin on the history channel bout who would win if the yakuza and the italian mafia went at it...

I know what show your talking about...its on spike tv...that shit is soooooo lame...its called "deadliest warrior" shit is dumbass retarded...

they had one where they matched up william wallace vs fuckin shaka zulu...and had IRA vs Taliban and other ridiculous ass shit.
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Number of posts : 2977
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  JinkyRctongs Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:49 pm

Wallace is the Big Homie.
JinkyRctongs
JinkyRctongs
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  3l3m3ntal Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:51 pm

Jinky wrote:
3l3m3ntal wrote:

Yeah, I can dig thatt, it sounds like gangs in Ireland have abit more tradition and deeper history rather than the rampant Americanized synthesism taking place in England. I know religion runs very deep with the Irish on both sides of the pond, if it is not purely devotional it is deeply sentimental and symbolic.

Im not from Ireland, Im from Scotland, Thousands upon thousand of Irish fled here in the late 1800's and early 1900's, mainly in the West of Scotland (Glasgow).

Ireland dont really have street gangs, they have terrorist orginizations lol, IRA, UVF, UDA etc etc

Oh how embarassing, my apologies. Yes, I am Scottish mixed with English and German.
3l3m3ntal
3l3m3ntal
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:52 pm

Jinky wrote:Wallace is the Big Homie.

fuckin G vato

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:56 pm

jinky hasnt replied cause yousaid you were part english..

jinky is englishKilla
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Back to top Go down

Post  JinkyRctongs Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:56 pm

3l3m3ntal wrote:
Jinky wrote:
3l3m3ntal wrote:

Oh how embarassing, my apologies. Yes, I am Scottish mixed with English and German.

Thats whats up, as far as ive been told my mothers grand father(on her fathers side) was Irish, and im not sure about her mothers side but she says they are Irish just no specifcs and my fathers side... well you know how it goes lol.

Every one you meet in Glasgow and the surrounding area will have Irish in them weather they know it or not, thats why we have such strong bond with them in N.Ireland and have the same secterian troubles, all be it not to the same extent(they were at an all out war).

You ever travelled to the U.K?
JinkyRctongs
JinkyRctongs
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  JinkyRctongs Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:57 pm

Huero wrote:
Jinky wrote:Wallace is the Big Homie.

fuckin G vato

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Some people have the audicity to call him a terrorist, "THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES, BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!"
JinkyRctongs
JinkyRctongs
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  3l3m3ntal Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:10 am

Jinky wrote:
3l3m3ntal wrote:
Jinky wrote:
3l3m3ntal wrote:

Thats whats up, as far as ive been told my mothers grand father(on her fathers side) was Irish, and im not sure about her mothers side but she says they are Irish just no specifcs and my fathers side... well you know how it goes lol.

Every one you meet in Glasgow and the surrounding area will have Irish in them weather they know it or not, thats why we have such strong bond with them in N.Ireland and have the same secterian troubles, all be it not to the same extent(they were at an all out war).

You ever travelled to the U.K?

Nope, my mother and sister has tho. I would love to travel there someday. Beautiful country.
3l3m3ntal
3l3m3ntal
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes88 Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:01 pm

Here is a bit from the episode i was talkin bout...
Wes88
Wes88
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes88 Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:02 pm

Here's one bout William Wallace Vs Shaka Zulu haha

Wes88
Wes88
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  3l3m3ntal Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:34 pm

Well, that was rather amusing in retarded sorta way. I am shocked expert panelists would be bothered to participate. Reminds me of that animal vs animal program another channel had. But in the end, this proved nothing. LOL!
3l3m3ntal
3l3m3ntal
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:10 pm

3l3m3ntal wrote:Well, that was rather amusing in retarded sorta way. I am shocked expert panelists would be bothered to participate. Reminds me of that animal vs animal program another channel had. But in the end, this proved nothing. LOL!

I KINDA LIKE THAT SHOW Cool
AND WE ALL KNOW ITS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSE BUT THEY DO HAVE SOME GOOD POINTS, LIKE WHICH WEAPONS WERE BETTER IN A MATCH TO COME TO THEIR FINAL OUTCOME.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next