Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PPHG 4's in the news...

2 posters

Go down

PPHG 4's in the news... Empty PPHG 4's in the news...

Post  Ty Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:10 pm

Robbery suspect facing third strike

Monk took plea deal in Mynisha slaying
Mike Cruz, Staff Writer
Posted: 11/16/2009 10:17:04 PM PST

One of three men arrested last week after a home burglary in Redlands could face sentencing under the state's Three Strikes Law if he is convicted.
Alonzo Jeffery Monk, who took a plea bargain in the 2005 slaying of 11-year-old Mynisha Crenshaw, was one of three men arrested in a burglary Friday night on Tennessee Street.

One of the suspects fought with a Redlands police officer trying to arrest him and was shot and wounded.

Prosecutors filed charges Monday against Monk, Antonio Hollis and Michael Lloyd Anderson in San Bernardino Superior Court. They were charged with one count each of first-degree residential burglary.

Monk, whose charging document says he has three felony convictions, faces 41 years to life in state prison if he is convicted in the burglary case, according to Deputy District Attorney Jim McGee.

The defendants are expected to be arraigned this week.

Monk's convictions in San Bernardino County are for firing a weapon at an uninhabited dwelling in March 2004, residential burglary in November 2004 and voluntary manslaughter in August 2006.

Redlands police interrupted the burglary about midnight Friday. The suspects fled on foot, and the officers chased them.

Hollis, 26, of Rialto, struggled with officers and was shot. He was treated at a hospital and released into police custody.

Anderson, 26, of San Bernardino, and Monk, 27, of Victorville, were also arrested.

Monk took a plea bargain in Mynisha's November 2005 killing. She was shot in her family's San Bernardino home when several street gang members were looking to retaliate for an earlier shooting.
Monk left before the shooting and did not fire any shots when Mynisha was killed, according to court testimony.

Ty
Soldier

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

PPHG 4's in the news... Empty Re: PPHG 4's in the news...

Post  CaliforniaRepublic Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:17 pm

I mean, i guess if you facing 41 witta L, you may as well come clean about that little girl that got killed. Yo life is done anyway, so... that was a cold thang but niggas dont be thinking enough man... They didnt say how old Alonzo Monk was, but i'm pretty sure he's young enough to really feel that whole 41 plus on lock. Thats too bad.
I had to think twice about gettin at this dude today over some dumb shit. Articles like these remind me that'cha life, your freedom, out here can be gone in a hot one....
CaliforniaRepublic
CaliforniaRepublic
Captain

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-02-04

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com/

Back to top Go down

PPHG 4's in the news... Empty Monk

Post  Ty Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:20 pm

Jae wrote:...They didnt say how old Alonzo Monk was, but i'm pretty sure he's young enough to really feel that whole 41 plus on lock. Thats too bad.
I had to think twice about gettin at this dude today over some dumb shit. Articles like these remind me that'cha life, your freedom, out here can be gone in a hot one....

He's in his late 20s so he old enough to know what's up. Props to you for exercising sound judgment in your situation.

Ty
Soldier

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

PPHG 4's in the news... Empty Re: PPHG 4's in the news...

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down