Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PPHG - Police arrest 9 in alleged conspiracy to murder two

+2
MAFIA GANG IE bangin
P_LOKO
6 posters

Go down

PPHG - Police arrest 9 in alleged conspiracy to murder two Empty PPHG - Police arrest 9 in alleged conspiracy to murder two

Post  P_LOKO Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:17 pm

Gang plots return
Police arrest 9 in alleged conspiracy to murder two
Mike Cruz, Staff Writer
Created: 04/04/2011 08:48:21 PM PDT

SAN BERNARDINO - In the months and years following the death of 11-year-old Mynisha Crenshaw, the Pimps, Players, Hustlers and Gangsters street gang was dealt a blow as some of its leaders were sent to state prison and police kept up the heat on remaining members.
But the arrest last week of nine PPHG members, who tried to carry out a plan to kill a couple of rivals, may be the next generation of the notorious street gang, police say.

Police say it's not uncommon in gang culture to see younger males, such as brothers, sons and nephews, carry on the gang's business after older members are sent to state prison or killed.

"We just see this go on and on and on. It's a lifestyle," explained Sgt. Travis Walker, a gang

expert at San Bernardino Police Department.
Police arrested nine members of PPHG on March 28 and 29 on suspicion of conspiring to kill two men from rival street gangs, they said. The men made an agreement to kill the pair, collected weapons and went to their vehicles to carry out the plan, prosecutors allege in a criminal complaint filed in San Bernardino Superior Court.

A tenth man remains at large.

San Bernardino police say all the men are documented members of PPHG and they had planned to kill a member each of the Dog Pound and Grape Shreet street gangs.

One of the men, Edward Jermaine Lair, is a brother of Patrick Lair, who accepted a plea deal with prosecutors in Mynisha's death, testified at trial and was released after serving more than three years in jail.

Another defendant in the new case, 34-year-old Khaalis Atkins, pleaded guilty in June 2008 to being an accessory in Mynisha's death. He was sentenced to two years and eight months in prison.

District Attorney Cary Epstein, who reviewed the new case and filed the charges in San Bernardino Superior Court, said he could not discuss details of the case.

The case will be prosecuted by Deputy District Attorney Mike Selyem, according to court records.

Police would not say why PPHG wanted the two men dead.

The defendants met on March 28 at a residence in the 1200 block of Date Street, in San Bernardino, to continue their planning before making their way to their cars. Police arrested nine of the men about 3:30 a.m. at the location.

One of the men, Willie Shante Brown, was arrested the following day a few blocks away on Orchid Drive. Police are still looking for James Shobey Leon, who has a warrant for his arrest.

The nine men in custody pleaded not guilty Friday to two counts of conspiracy to commit murder. They return to court Monday, according to court records.

Walker praised his fellow officers for great police work, making the arrests and preventing any possible tragedy.

"It's our job to go out and protect the community," Walker said. "This is just another testimony to the hard work of the men and women of the San Bernardino Police Department."

Mynisha was killed and her older sister wounded in November 2005 when several armed PPHG members fired weapons into their apartment, near Mountain Avenue and Citrus Street, as her family was eating dinner.

The gang had been looking for members of a rival gang, Rollin 60s, who had shot and killed PPHG member Barry Jones, four days earlier in the same area.

The girls were unintended victims. Thirteen men were convicted of having a role in Mynisha's death.

The shooting of Mynisha and her sister prompted outrage among residents, community leaders and government officials over continuing street violence in San Bernardino.

The issue became a lightning rod for change and impacted the city's next election. A group was formed called Mynisha's Circle, dedicated to promoting change in the community.

Local politicians even created a bill called Mynisha's Law to help provide funding for communities to fight gang violence.

Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-Calif., folded Mynisha's Law into the Gang Abatement and Prevention Act of 2007, which was authored by Sens. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., and Orrin Hatch, R-Utah.

http://www.dailybulletin.com/ci_17772160?IADID=Search-www.dailybulletin.com-www.dailybulletin.com
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Number of posts : 3824
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

PPHG - Police arrest 9 in alleged conspiracy to murder two Empty Re: PPHG - Police arrest 9 in alleged conspiracy to murder two

Post  P_LOKO Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:18 pm

Wasn't Dog Pound claiming Date Street?
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Number of posts : 3824
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

PPHG - Police arrest 9 in alleged conspiracy to murder two Empty Re: PPHG - Police arrest 9 in alleged conspiracy to murder two

Post  MAFIA GANG IE bangin Wed May 04, 2011 9:51 pm

Yeah them niggas be over there.. and one of homies just got kilt too..

MAFIA GANG IE bangin
Soldier

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  dstrm300 Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:53 pm

Thats what this was over they got into it wit 2 niggaz from DP one who is also affiliated wit Grape street that stay by date. They were gonna kill them but u see how that ended. I know the niggaz from Dp, I just found out.
dstrm300
dstrm300
Made Member

Number of posts : 1201
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post  CaliforniaRepublic Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:10 pm

I remember someone telling me about grape street's having a complex in SB/Highland , next to or around squad g'z turf. Supposably they have been there for about 6 or 7 years now. Anybody know how long them 60s been over there? And how long have they been beefing with PPHG? If thats what it is.
CaliforniaRepublic
CaliforniaRepublic
Captain

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-02-04

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  dstrm300 Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:50 pm

LA niggaz have been n that area since I was lil. Especially Hoovers, 60's and Grape niggas. I'm sure that 60's was one of the 1st LA gangs besides Hoover that PPHG beefed with bac in the day. So I would figure sometime in the early to mid 90's is when that lil beef started. I remeber hearing something about somebody pushin PPHG outta lil Africa way bacc when im not too sure who that would have been and considering thats not PPHG's original hood I wouldn't find it too hard to believe.
dstrm300
dstrm300
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:17 am

Grape Streets was over on Highland and Lugo/Wall but in 2010 and 2011 they got into it with another IE hood that I won't say on this public forum...a grape st. lost his life and then they retaliated and killed an IE...then IE came back again letting them have it...just look at some older posts about murders in that area on here...it all clicks up if you somewhat in the know. Now there are no more grape streets on those blocks...i'm sure they moved to another complex though. It was literally about 30 of them/affiliates at least thats the amount of them last when they were hanging out on lugo and wall and all that area.

Back to top Go down

Post  dstrm300 Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:17 am

c'mon Niners give us te scoop who'd they get kicced out by lol? I'm way out here in Texas man I barely get ne info on the Dino, i'm seriously out of the loop of what's goin on out there. The only time I hear about ne thing is when I talk to moms or one of the homies out there.
dstrm300
dstrm300
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:53 pm

lol well first off this is second hand info from someone who lives on wall. The only thing I can speak on is that there were shootings and grape st. used to hang out deep...affiliates and active members going back and forth from LA to here. One of them had some damn good herb. But I think it was more the police presense that bullied them off them certain blocks. Because before all the shooting back and forth they were hanging out thick. When my boy was servin his little dime sacks he said alot of his clientele were afraid to come on the days the grapes were hanging out be out. And we're talking small ass 7unit apartments too nothing all huge

Back to top Go down

Post  dstrm300 Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:53 pm

Damn crazy shit I always ran into grape niggaz in that general area never put much to it tho. Now that I think about it my homie T.P from Pacific high was from grape and I do remember him sayin something about them bein pretty thicc n the E.
dstrm300
dstrm300
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:35 am

60'z; Grape; Hoovers; Durocs; All black pomona gangs on the crip side/ Leuders Park; Bounty Hunters; PDL's on the blood side personally I think these hoods have the most outside numbers on the eastside of sb. oh yeh LA Rollin' 20'z too because the homie T and all of his bro's and cousins stay on the eastside and on any given sunday or ufc night you can find a whole house filld with them niggaz and I am not exxagerating when I say a house and front yard full of them niggaz...all family tho so maybe some were born out here because i've known T for 12yrs we met at valley

Back to top Go down

Post  dnice3x Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:21 am

LA gangs that have operates in or around san b (du roc crips, e/s 73 gangster crips, 357 crips, 94 hoovers, 60's, Harlem 30's) that's just to name a few.. Also the PPHG vs Hoover thing started in 03/04 after a PPHG was shot 11 times in Rialto.. I've heard countless beefs with 60's vs 94 hoovers in san b.. I've heard about 60's running into lil hawk house shooting it up in san b and he escaped out back door. Ive kicked it with 60s in the ie about (9) only a handful are real and it's a few hoovers scattered but there presence isn't like it was back in 2003.. There alliance with the C9000 was deadly..until west from c9 told on everyone and he still got life..

dnice3x
Associate

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2009-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:14 am

dnice3x wrote:LA gangs that have operates in or around san b (du roc crips, e/s 73 gangster crips, 357 crips, 94 hoovers, 60's, Harlem 30's) that's just to name a few.. Also the PPHG vs Hoover thing started in 03/04 after a PPHG was shot 11 times in Rialto.. I've heard countless beefs with 60's vs 94 hoovers in san b.. I've heard about 60's running into lil hawk house shooting it up in san b and he escaped out back door. Ive kicked it with 60s in the ie about (9) only a handful are real and it's a few hoovers scattered but there presence isn't like it was back in 2003.. There alliance with the C9000 was deadly..until west from c9 told on everyone and he still got life..

I also forgot to mention the...i'm not sure if its fo'trey or 40's but they were out here starting alot of shit too around 2006/2007.

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:54 pm

A while back, some years ago, there was a few Watts backstreet in a duplex near the Wells Fargo off of Highland. Small hood, seems like most relocated to SB over the years. Needless to say, there little spot was constantly getting lit up by a certain West side hood who has presence in that area.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350
Registration date : 2008-01-19

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:57 pm

dnice3x wrote:LA gangs that have operates in or around san b (du roc crips, e/s 73 gangster crips, 357 crips, 94 hoovers, 60's, Harlem 30's) that's just to name a few.. Also the PPHG vs Hoover thing started in 03/04 after a PPHG was shot 11 times in Rialto.. I've heard countless beefs with 60's vs 94 hoovers in san b.. I've heard about 60's running into lil hawk house shooting it up in san b and he escaped out back door. Ive kicked it with 60s in the ie about (9) only a handful are real and it's a few hoovers scattered but there presence isn't like it was back in 2003.. There alliance with the C9000 was deadly..until west from c9 told on everyone and he still got life..

Du Roc is SGV Duarte, 357 is Pomona. And the PPHG Hoover beef started in the 90's, long before the incident in Rialto. Duccy Hood was PPHG's worst rival before that, (in the 90's, ask any honest DHCC) Hoovers came second. PPHG mainly went at it with outsider LA transplants since they're most prevalent in that part of town.

Last edited by NYTE RYDA on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:07 pm

niners wrote:60'z; Grape; Hoovers; Durocs; All black pomona gangs on the crip side/ Leuders Park; Bounty Hunters; PDL's on the blood side personally I think these hoods have the most outside numbers on the eastside of sb. oh yeh LA Rollin' 20'z too because the homie T and all of his bro's and cousins stay on the eastside and on any given sunday or ufc night you can find a whole house filld with them niggaz and I am not exxagerating when I say a house and front yard full of them niggaz...all family tho so maybe some were born out here because i've known T for 12yrs we met at valley

PDL had a presence in the Yellows, this was back in the early 2000's when DHB and PDL were thick in that area, and before the fall out after a PDL got chipped.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  dstrm300 Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:35 pm

Yea PDL was super thicc over there around then. My stepdad is a OG from the Lanes. Just in his fam alone they had like 5 heads in the area. I could name about 20 I came into contact with over there. And one thing they ALL have in common is that they hate SB with a passion. I have always found that really funny.
dstrm300
dstrm300
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:18 pm

dstrm300 wrote:Yea PDL was super thicc over there around then. My stepdad is a OG from the Lanes. Just in his fam alone they had like 5 heads in the area. I could name about 20 I came into contact with over there. And one thing they ALL have in common is that they hate SB with a passion. I have always found that really funny.

At first, it was cool, at least with the damus. PDL was real tight with DHB. It wasn't until a few isolated beefs between a few heads from both sides began, as well as a few other issues, that ultimately led to the death of a PDL (woody) in the Yellows, by a DHB, that things started to boil over. After that, things really went downhill fast.

PDL puts most of the West side hoods and east side hooods on their "k" list. DH, 5x, CGC, PPHG, Top gang etc.

Last edited by NYTE RYDA on Sun May 06, 2012 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:16 pm

I remember when that happen I think it was 2006 or maybe 2005 the story was the pdl was having a fight and when he began to get the best of one he was shot and killed on site. I do know they have a proven reputation to resort to gunplay real quick when you cross them and i'm talking about out here

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:44 pm

Woody got killed in 2004 if I'm not mistaken. Right outside of the Yellows. Lots of shootouts and a few bodies dropped between both after that. When speaking of out of towners, PDL is probably one of the hoods that's had some of the most problems in IE, mostly in SB/Rialto. Quite a few of them have been killed in and around SB/Rialto area. Although to be fair, retaliations have been given out courtesy of PDL as well. I haven't really heard anything on them since the time one of them was killed on Colorado in the CG's a few years ago.

Last edited by NYTE RYDA on Sun May 06, 2012 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:48 pm

dstrm300 wrote:I remeber hearing something about somebody pushin PPHG outta lil Africa way bacc when im not too sure who that would have been and considering thats not PPHG's original hood I wouldn't find it too hard to believe.

This was around 92'/93. A series of incidents took place around this time which led to the PPHG vs DHCC (Duccy Hood) war that waged on until the late 90's. PPHG had a strong presence in the former Guthries (lil africa) from about 89' to 93'.

Some Duccy's who were in the area during that time will boast and claim that they ran PPHG out of there, or that they took over the hood, but this is misleading for a couple reasons. For one, this area was never PPHG turf to begin with, and secondly, it was anybodies spot and was about as volatile a location as they come for gang activity.

Even when PPHG mostly ran the spot, you still had 94 Hoovers, SBCC, and a few others in there. It was a heavy dope location, a money spot, in other words. A few Duccy's tried scouting the area around Sunrise and 19st but almost immediately met with a deadly fate.

To make a long story short, a Duccy hood was shot and killed, the Duccy's followed up by lighting up a complex where the PPHG's were at, and it went back and forth from there. The PPHG's, out numbered, and dealing with other transplants in the area, as well as having an increasingly growing police presence on their tails, eventually led them to loose presence in the area.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down