Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

funk music

+6
.02 cents
Drunky McThuggerton
wolfman
wesiderider
EVANS STR. GANG
big smiley
10 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

funk music - Page 2 Empty Re: funk music

Post  big smiley Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:08 pm

you know what movie has a tight soundtrack is dead presidents
big smiley
big smiley
Soldier

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:55 pm

That's right...."tired of being alone" in the background with o'boy all smaked out.

wesiderider
Made Member

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2009-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post  big smiley Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:03 am

you member
big smiley
big smiley
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:20 pm

Smoking some fire last night, thru on electric bogaloo, fucked around and banged some Africa Bambatta and Soulsonic force.

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  big smiley Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:10 pm

remember nucleus
big smiley
big smiley
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:32 pm

"jam on it " que no.
What about planet patrol, Force M.D.s, G.L.O.B.E & the whiz kid.....

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  EVANS STR. GANG Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:46 am

YEAAAAA SiM0N THAT WAS NEWCLEUS GETTiNG DOWN WITH 'JAM ON IT' FiRME JAMM.. NEVER GETS OLD
EVANS STR. GANG
EVANS STR. GANG
Made Member

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:24 pm

NEUCLEUS.. PLANET PATROL.. TECH NINE.. GEORGE CLINTON.. BOOGIE BOYS.. HOT CHOCOLATE.. WILD CHERRY.. FOXY.. EARTH, WIND and FIRE.. and the list goes on ~> 70s and 80s like i said!

"I NEED A FREAK" [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2009-12-13

http://13radicalriders14.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:38 pm

all that oldies with funk is what let up to later down the line with ~> [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  EVANS STR. GANG Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:48 am

ALL THAT STUFF TO ME IS WAYYYYY TOO BURNED FOR ME TO LISTEN TO.. THAT COMMERCIAL FUNK, AND WHAT I CALL "THUMP FUNK" FROM THE THUMP RECORDS CD'S ARE WAYY TO BURNED.. I BUMP ALL THAT RARE SHIT COMING STRAIGHT FROM VINYL.. IVE SPENT 350 ON ONE RECORD, THAT RARE LOL.
EVANS STR. GANG
EVANS STR. GANG
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  EVANS STR. GANG Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:58 pm

ANYONE WANNA GET HOOKED UP ON FUNK CD'S??????
I SELL EM AT 5 EACH HOMIIIIIIEEE
10 IF THE JAMS ARE WAYYY TOO RARE

THEY COME STRAIGHT OFF VINYL RECORDS
I HAVE OVER 1000 RECORDS
AND OVER 1600 SONGS

PURE FUNK
IM ALWAYS KEEPING THAT FUNK ALIVE!!!!!!!
EVANS STR. GANG
EVANS STR. GANG
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:23 pm

here's a bad ass funk rola from back in 1976

Brick ~> "DAZZ"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  EVANS STR. GANG Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:57 pm

HAHA THATS COMMERCIAL FUNK ESE.. I CANT PLAYY THAT FOR SUM REASON, NOT ENOUGH SYNTH & VOCODER FOR ME LOL
EVANS STR. GANG
EVANS STR. GANG
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:39 pm

Ever hear of a group called Taco? I've only heard one jam from them, "putting on the ritz ", curious to see if they got anything else, some rare gems or just a one hitter quitter?

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:08 pm

KRAZiE B0i32 wrote:HAHA THATS COMMERCIAL FUNK ESE.. I CANT PLAYY THAT FOR SUM REASON, NOT ENOUGH SYNTH & VOCODER FOR ME LOL

HEY QUE SE YO ESE.. IS NOT LIKE I WAS ALL INTO IT MAYATE STILO ESE.. MY NEIGHBORHOOD YOU COULD NOT EVEN LISTEN TO ANY OF IT.. LEST THEY CALL YOU OUT.. NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE.. JUST SAYING HOW IT WAS.. YOU COULD PLAY FIRECRACKER FOR ALL I CARE.. IF IT SOUNDS GOOD.. I'D LISTEN TO IT cherry
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:13 pm

oorraaalllee...thats str8 gangster chicano stilo eshe...cant even listen to maya music. its either brown or you aint down!!!...damn yall musta never listen to the radio back in the day huh? hahahahahaha

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Number of posts : 5175
Registration date : 2008-06-25

http://2012data.webs.com/theilluminati.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:16 pm

ART LABOE ESE .. KRLA NOMAS Y QUE
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:34 pm

Art laboe is the man with a plan....what's that other station...95. something they play ol' skool shit all day.......every now and then I switch it up and listen to k.earth101 you get the Motown jams on that station among other jams not Motown.

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  EVANS STR. GANG Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:46 am

wolfman wrote:
KRAZiE B0i32 wrote:HAHA THATS COMMERCIAL FUNK ESE.. I CANT PLAYY THAT FOR SUM REASON, NOT ENOUGH SYNTH & VOCODER FOR ME LOL

HEY QUE SE YO ESE.. IS NOT LIKE I WAS ALL INTO IT MAYATE STILO ESE.. MY NEIGHBORHOOD YOU COULD NOT EVEN LISTEN TO ANY OF IT.. LEST THEY CALL YOU OUT.. NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE.. JUST SAYING HOW IT WAS.. YOU COULD PLAY FIRECRACKER FOR ALL I CARE.. IF IT SOUNDS GOOD.. I'D LISTEN TO IT cherry

im not saying anything about whether it's good or not, its good music all im sayin is that i, myself, cant listen to it u know.. is that right? i havent met a black vato into funk as much as the homies in my hood.. wut neighborhood is that? because for all i know every old school neighborhood was always into the oldies & old school. im not saying anything is wrong im just asking a serio question just out of curiosity
EVANS STR. GANG
EVANS STR. GANG
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  EVANS STR. GANG Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:49 am

wesiderider wrote:Art laboe is the man with a plan....what's that other station...95. something they play ol' skool shit all day.......every now and then I switch it up and listen to k.earth101 you get the Motown jams on that station among other jams not Motown.

yea art laboe is firme but most of the music he puts on his show is all the music they have nowadays. i think he shouldve stuck strictly to the oldies, mainly cuz of the fact that its wat he was known for, i dnt listen to his show anymore because of that, but i'll still put on 92.3 & k.earth101 that ones pretty firme
EVANS STR. GANG
EVANS STR. GANG
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:02 am

chale krazy boy.. you're wrong about the old varrios listening to funk.. serio homie
the varrios listened to oldies.. but they didnt listened to funkadelic sounds like a lot of the rolas and artist pasted up in this topic.. if you ever been to the varrios in NELA and kicked it with raza up there.. then you'll know that that just dont fly up there.. and if you ever heard of the old wars between raza and negros in the projects of los.. then you would understand why the music just didnt mix like that. I know is firme music.. some of it that is.. but to say that la raza bumped to those tunes in the old varrios.. thats sacrilege holmes.. serio ese.. thats two different things right there when you talk about "oldies" and you try an throw "funk" in there.. i mean sure theres raza that is cool with funk.. like myself.. but that dont mean that all raza was cool with it cause i tell you.. that aint so.. theres some hard feelings there between east los and north east los raza versus cosas from the black side of town.. dont let anyone tell you otherwise.. im not trying to hate or disrespect no one.. so dont label me a hater or a racist.. im just saying what i know to be true.. if you talk to vatos from CP BOYS, from La HAZARD, from El Sereno, from Los AVENUES, from HAPPY VALLEY, or from my old neighborhood DOG TOWN, they'll all tell you.. funk was out.. anything that was too much of a Black thing and didn't have soul "according" to how Raza felt about music ~> was out.. and if you played that shit openly.. you were checked on the spot.. like that! Of course times have changed.. so i can't tell you no more on what Raza listens to today.. there's heads for everything you know.. what i can tell you is that there is a real hard dislike for blacks in NELA.. and that ain't no joke.. you will probably have an easier time moving in to East Los or the West Side if you're black, than you would moving into North East.. you will probably be saying that none of that has anything to do with "music" ~> but it goes with it! Is not about not listening to black music, cause we all do.. and black music is some of the most firme sounds you can listen to.. and black music knows no boundaries and spills into all categories.. but when something is "too black" then i can tell you 100% sure.. that it is rejected by the main core of Raza varrios up in my neck of the woods that is!
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  EVANS STR. GANG Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:42 am

wolfman wrote:chale krazy boy.. you're wrong about the old varrios listening to funk.. serio homie
the varrios listened to oldies.. but they didnt listened to funkadelic sounds like a lot of the rolas and artist pasted up in this topic.. if you ever been to the varrios in NELA and kicked it with raza up there.. then you'll know that that just dont fly up there.. and if you ever heard of the old wars between raza and negros in the projects of los.. then you would understand why the music just didnt mix like that. I know is firme music.. some of it that is.. but to say that la raza bumped to those tunes in the old varrios.. thats sacrilege holmes.. serio ese.. thats two different things right there when you talk about "oldies" and you try an throw "funk" in there.. i mean sure theres raza that is cool with funk.. like myself.. but that dont mean that all raza was cool with it cause i tell you.. that aint so.. theres some hard feelings there between east los and north east los raza versus cosas from the black side of town.. dont let anyone tell you otherwise.. im not trying to hate or disrespect no one.. so dont label me a hater or a racist.. im just saying what i know to be true.. if you talk to vatos from CP BOYS, from La HAZARD, from El Sereno, from Los AVENUES, from HAPPY VALLEY, or from my old neighborhood DOG TOWN, they'll all tell you.. funk was out.. anything that was too much of a Black thing and didn't have soul "according" to how Raza felt about music ~> was out.. and if you played that shit openly.. you were checked on the spot.. like that! Of course times have changed.. so i can't tell you no more on what Raza listens to today.. there's heads for everything you know.. what i can tell you is that there is a real hard dislike for blacks in NELA.. and that ain't no joke.. you will probably have an easier time moving in to East Los or the West Side if you're black, than you would moving into North East.. you will probably be saying that none of that has anything to do with "music" ~> but it goes with it! Is not about not listening to black music, cause we all do.. and black music is some of the most firme sounds you can listen to.. and black music knows no boundaries and spills into all categories.. but when something is "too black" then i can tell you 100% sure.. that it is rejected by the main core of Raza varrios up in my neck of the woods that is!

orale homie i got u.. i know wut u mean ese but u know thats in los, over here it's always been a thing over here in rivas and i know in orange county it's always been a thing. but yeah i understand how with all the problems with the negros it was forbidden just like rap was in east los back in the day. yea im not labeling u or nada homie but i mean if thats how things were back in the day in nela then thats how it was ur just telling it like it is. all i know is that atleast here in casa we're all about the funk and always will, theres lil 9 yr olds bumpin that u know
EVANS STR. GANG
EVANS STR. GANG
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  big smiley Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:03 pm

all i know homies is that every old sckool concert ive been to in los was almost all raza and most of every one there were from los and i remember when roger and zapp were playing at a cinco de mayo parade in the early 90s that turned into a riot over in eastside riverside all kinds of hente from los came to see zapp so what im saying is that theres just as many homies that bump funk as oldies i just comes down to personal preferences though i know people that only like one style of music and i know people that like a wide variety of music like me ,some people let the music they listen to define who they are i dont thats why im comfortable listening to just about anything i might be wrong but personallly theres nothing better to listen to when your cruising the calles then good oldskool music
big smiley
big smiley
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:12 pm

wolf dont know every varrio and ll the raza homie. my tios from p town like that fuk shit. and they some old ass vatos. lol their homies like it too. im sure all kinds of raza like funk. it aint too black. most oldies are made by blacks. alotta music period is made by blacks! minus the rock and country....lol

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Number of posts : 5175
Registration date : 2008-06-25

http://2012data.webs.com/theilluminati.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:40 pm

DxT wrote:wolf dont know every varrio and ll the raza homie. my tios from p town like that fuk shit. and they some old ass vatos. lol their homies like it too. im sure all kinds of raza like funk. it aint too black. most oldies are made by blacks. alotta music period is made by blacks! minus the rock and country....lol
al green, marvin gaye, otis redding and so on......all black......jimi hendrix one black rocking muthaf$%$a.....

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next