Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

funk music

+6
.02 cents
Drunky McThuggerton
wolfman
wesiderider
EVANS STR. GANG
big smiley
10 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

funk music - Page 3 Empty Re: funk music

Post  wolfman Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:22 am

big smiley wrote:all i know homies is that every old sckool concert ive been to in los was almost all raza and most of every one there were from los and i remember when roger and zapp were playing at a cinco de mayo parade in the early 90s that turned into a riot over in eastside riverside all kinds of hente from los came to see zapp so what im saying is that theres just as many homies that bump funk as oldies i just comes down to personal preferences though i know people that only like one style of music and i know people that like a wide variety of music like me ,some people let the music they listen to define who they are i dont thats why im comfortable listening to just about anything i might be wrong but personallly theres nothing better to listen to when your cruising the calles then good oldskool music

RIGHT.. RAZA BUMPS TO FUNK.. COOL FUNK LIKE ZAPP.. BUT YOU KNOW ALL THAT STARTED IN THE LATE 70S AND EARLY 80S.. NOT BEFORE.. THE THING TO KEEP IN MIND WAS THAT IT COULD BE FUNK AND FUNK WAS GOOD LIKE WHEN WILD CHERRY CAME OUT WITH PLAY THAT FUNKY MUSIC WHEN WAS THAT LIKE 1976 RIGHT.. BUT THE MUSIC COULD NOT BE TOO BLACK.. IT HAD TO HAVE A FIRME SOUND.. RAZA HAD TO RELATE TO THE SOUNDS.. SO NOT JUST ANY FUNK.. ME ENTIENDEZ MENDEZ?
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2009-12-13

http://13radicalriders14.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:25 am

wesiderider wrote:
DxT wrote:wolf dont know every varrio and ll the raza homie. my tios from p town like that fuk shit. and they some old ass vatos. lol their homies like it too. im sure all kinds of raza like funk. it aint too black. most oldies are made by blacks. alotta music period is made by blacks! minus the rock and country....lol
al green, marvin gaye, otis redding and so on......all black......jimi hendrix one black rocking muthaf$%$a.....

WERE NOT TALKING ABOUT "OLDIES" ESE.. OLDIES IS THE ESSENCE OF ANY OLD VARRIO.. BUT FUNK THAT HAD TO SOUND GOOD AND NOT SOUND TOO BLACK OTHERWISE IS WAS OUT.. YOU COULD LISTEN TO ZAPP AND EVEN RICK JAMES.. BUT THERE WAS A WHOLE MESS OF BLACK MUSIC THAT IT WAS TABOO TO LISTENING OUT IN THE STREETS.. THATS A FACT!
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:03 am

wolfman wrote:
wesiderider wrote:
DxT wrote:wolf dont know every varrio and ll the raza homie. my tios from p town like that fuk shit. and they some old ass vatos. lol their homies like it too. im sure all kinds of raza like funk. it aint too black. most oldies are made by blacks. alotta music period is made by blacks! minus the rock and country....lol
al green, marvin gaye, otis redding and so on......all black......jimi hendrix one black rocking muthaf$%$a.....

WERE NOT TALKING ABOUT "OLDIES" ESE.. OLDIES IS THE ESSENCE OF ANY OLD VARRIO.. BUT FUNK THAT HAD TO SOUND GOOD AND NOT SOUND TOO BLACK OTHERWISE IS WAS OUT.. YOU COULD LISTEN TO ZAPP AND EVEN RICK JAMES.. BUT THERE WAS A WHOLE MESS OF BLACK MUSIC THAT IT WAS TABOO TO LISTENING OUT IN THE STREETS.. THATS A FACT!

lol and what exactly do you consider "too black" lol whos to say it was too black? all them oldies are black made but it was cool? i think you need to speak on your own lil universe ese.

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Number of posts : 5175
Registration date : 2008-06-25

http://2012data.webs.com/theilluminati.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:10 am

WELL IF I NEED TO EXPLAIN IT ANYMORE THEN WHAT CAN I SAY.. YOU WERENT THERE SO YOU DONT KNOW.. SIMPLE AS THAT TWIRP
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:04 am

wolfman wrote:WELL IF I NEED TO EXPLAIN IT ANYMORE THEN WHAT CAN I SAY.. YOU WERENT THERE SO YOU DONT KNOW.. SIMPLE AS THAT TWIRP

i dont think you were there either. with your fake ass wannabe brown beret ass.

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:49 am

wolfman wrote:
wesiderider wrote:

WHAT YOUR TALKING IS SUBVERSIVE SAYING IN YOUR VARRIO YOU COULDN'T BUMP FUNK......MAYBE YOU COULDN'T OR SOME OF YOUR CAMARADAS COULDN'T.....BUT YOU AINT THE OLDEST VATO OUT THERE.......DON'T START WITH THE OLDIES CARD HOMIE......BLUES CAME BEFORE THAT.......AND BEFORE THAT SWING&JAZZ...

wesiderider
Made Member

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2009-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:55 am

wolfman wrote:
wesiderider wrote:

IF ANYTHING WAS EVER TABOO....IT WAS GANGSTA RAP......BUT NOW YOU GOTTA A WHOLE BUNCH OF HOMIES FROM ALL AROUND RAPPING.........EVEN YOU RECITED A WHOLE JAY Z VERSE.........LMFAO..........

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:31 pm

How is oldies the "essence" of a varrio, that's like saying the smells of tortillas or panaderias are the essence, chale homie...the gente themselves are the essence all the rest is what accompanies the gente. No lie but my older homies, had older homies & tios whom I had the honor of meeting before passing, some on oxygen tanks and shit.....I mean old..these dudes told me stories of how the placas were on horseback.....

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  .02 cents Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:44 pm

DxT wrote:
wolfman wrote:WELL IF I NEED TO EXPLAIN IT ANYMORE THEN WHAT CAN I SAY.. YOU WERENT THERE SO YOU DONT KNOW.. SIMPLE AS THAT TWIRP

i dont think you were there either. with your fake ass wannabe brown beret ass.

lol...ninos, ninos, play nice...lol
.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:47 pm

all the hostility.............lol
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128
Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:03 pm

LOOK.. I CANT HELP IT THAT DT AND WESTSIDER HAVE A COMPREHENSION DEFICIT IN THEIR READING SKILLS.. WACHATE AL DT - EL VATO SE AVIENTA CON EL TURIQUEO COMO UN MAYUGA.. TELLS YOU RIGHT THERE WHAT SIDE HE LEANS TO IN HIS YOUNG AGE.. HE PROBABLY GREW UP LISTENING TO NWA AND WISHING HE GREW UP IN COMPTONE.. LIL TWIRP
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  big smiley Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:06 pm

wesiderider wrote:How is oldies the "essence" of a varrio, that's like saying the smells of tortillas or panaderias are the essence, chale homie...the gente themselves are the essence all the rest is what accompanies the gente. No lie but my older homies, had older homies & tios whom I had the honor of meeting before passing, some on oxygen tanks and shit.....I mean old..these dudes told me stories of how the placas were on horseback.....
wesiderider is right although i can understand what wolfmans talking about i think i know people who couldnt handle some music i listen to but no ones going too tell me what i cant and can listen to
big smiley
big smiley
Soldier

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:32 pm

wolfman wrote:LOOK.. I CANT HELP IT THAT DT AND WESTSIDER HAVE A COMPREHENSION DEFICIT IN THEIR READING SKILLS.. WACHATE AL DT - EL VATO SE AVIENTA CON EL TURIQUEO COMO UN MAYUGA.. TELLS YOU RIGHT THERE WHAT SIDE HE LEANS TO IN HIS YOUNG AGE.. HE PROBABLY GREW UP LISTENING TO NWA AND WISHING HE GREW UP IN COMPTONE.. LIL TWIRP
I read and comprehend what you wrote, but I have my own opinions as does yourself, and as such, being grown men, were entitled and obligated to express ourselves in a respectful manner, just because people don't agree with all your ideals doesn't call for name calling,("twirp"), or to assume illiteracy "deficient reading skills", will properly get your point across.

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:39 pm

lonewolf likens himself as a somewhat of a wannabe historian to la varrios. he tries to use his poetic style of writing as a tool to come across as knowledgeable or even some kind of Chicano power something or other. i cant even explain. maybe his hostility comes from the failure of his own forum. when i read his shit i here edward james olmos' voice in my head. if that kinda clears things up on my view of the poor old man. and wolf. if your going to try to describe me speak English. this is america....lol So calm down with your Chicano Power. you were clear whith your post. but maybe its hard for an older uneducated "veterano" such as yourself to understand my questions. so ill dumb it down for you. Ya maybe YOU and YOUR homie couldnt or didnt cause your varrio had beef with the mayas or whatever. but dont put homie down for what you couldnt do. your lil la universe is the oldest or the the only area around. what goes in los insnt the universal rule. unlike what you and you la gente may think over there on bk. so dont generalize. and dont lump up us with your area. cuhz is quite obvious you know nothing about the INLAND EMPIRE....ESE

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:43 pm

oh and for your info. i grew up listening to oldies ese. no gangsta rap nwa shit. i didnt know what rap was until i got introduced to oooolllllld school chicano rap. alt frost lsob proper dos tyoe shit. so again. DonT assume shit about me playa. you you dont know nada!!! dont beleive me? ask mr .02 cents. his old ass is the one that introduced me....lol

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:25 pm

Let's change up the subject if all has been said on that topic.........allow cooler heads to prevail.........what do you vatos like to bump when your getting your freak on......I did my thing last night to lady gaga....lol....I know it's chick music.......but that continuous thump,thump,thump, beat......just makes you bang that shit out...tu sabes......

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  .02 cents Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:17 pm

DxT wrote:lonewolf likens himself as a somewhat of a wannabe historian to la varrios. he tries to use his poetic style of writing as a tool to come across as knowledgeable or even some kind of Chicano power something or other. i cant even explain. maybe his hostility comes from the failure of his own forum. when i read his shit i here edward james olmos' voice in my head. if that kinda clears things up on my view of the poor old man. and wolf. if your going to try to describe me speak English. this is america....lol So calm down with your Chicano Power. you were clear whith your post. but maybe its hard for an older uneducated "veterano" such as yourself to understand my questions. so ill dumb it down for you. Ya maybe YOU and YOUR homie couldnt or didnt cause your varrio had beef with the mayas or whatever. but dont put homie down for what you couldnt do. your lil la universe is the oldest or the the only area around. what goes in los insnt the universal rule. unlike what you and you la gente may think over there on bk. so dont generalize. and dont lump up us with your area. cuhz is quite obvious you know nothing about the INLAND EMPIRE....ESE
No
.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:23 pm

wesiderider wrote:Let's change up the subject if all has been said on that topic.........allow cooler heads to prevail.........what do you vatos like to bump when your getting your freak on......I did my thing last night to lady gaga....lol....I know it's chick music.......but that continuous thump,thump,thump, beat......just makes you bang that shit out...tu sabes......

lady gaga? you bumpin poker face er what? lol!

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:49 pm

"Love game", what she say........" I wanna take a ride on your disco stick"..... and baby girl did......

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Coka Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:14 pm

wesiderider wrote:"Love game", what she say........" I wanna take a ride on your disco stick"..... and baby girl did......

anyhting to get ponocha eh? hahahahaha

Coka
Soldier

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:19 pm

dCoka wrote:
wesiderider wrote:"Love game", what she say........" I wanna take a ride on your disco stick"..... and baby girl did......

anyhting to get ponocha eh? hahahahaha
More like anything to spice it up doggy dog.......married with children........and oh yeah, the kama sutra adds.....

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  EVANS STR. GANG Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:43 pm

wesiderider wrote:Let's change up the subject if all has been said on that topic.........allow cooler heads to prevail.........what do you vatos like to bump when your getting your freak on......I did my thing last night to lady gaga....lol....I know it's chick music.......but that continuous thump,thump,thump, beat......just makes you bang that shit out...tu sabes......

EY I MIGHT SOUD STUPID FOR ASKING THIS (OR NOT) BUT... WUT THE FUK IS LADY GAGA???????
EVANS STR. GANG
EVANS STR. GANG
Made Member

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post  .02 cents Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:08 pm

CBxBOY32 wrote:

EY I MIGHT SOUD STUPID FOR ASKING THIS (OR NOT) BUT... WUT THE FUK IS LADY GAGA???????

hahahahaha, lol
.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:49 pm

CBxBOY32 wrote:

she does post modern funk music..you should check it out.....lol ahahahahahaa

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:58 pm

CBxBOY32 wrote:

I didn't hear her music till about a week ago...heard about her prior to that,nothing more.

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next