Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

will chicano rappers ever be on the level of black rappers in the music industry ?

+15
ALCOHOLIC
jaybr
TumbleWeed
EVANS STR. GANG
big smiley
.02 cents
wesiderider
W.Devil
wolfman
Sosidetowner181
Drunky McThuggerton
P_LOKO
ieprince
C O L T O N
SYCLONE
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

will chicano rappers ever be on the level of black rappers in the music industry ? Empty will chicano rappers ever be on the level of black rappers in the music industry ?

Post  SYCLONE Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:17 pm

Question

SYCLONE
Soldier

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

will chicano rappers ever be on the level of black rappers in the music industry ? Empty Re: will chicano rappers ever be on the level of black rappers in the music industry ?

Post  C O L T O N Sat May 01, 2010 4:38 pm

no, the chicano culture will never really make it mainstream in the industry. I myself am chicano but honestly. Mexican rap needs to step it up. There beats are louder than their vocals half the times and they got this weird voice shit going on IMO

C O L T O N
Soldier

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

will chicano rappers ever be on the level of black rappers in the music industry ? Empty Re: will chicano rappers ever be on the level of black rappers in the music industry ?

Post  C O L T O N Sat May 01, 2010 4:40 pm

nobody wants to hear about smoking some sherm and sending some balazos down your block ese on the radio haha

C O L T O N
Soldier

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post  ieprince Sat May 01, 2010 7:48 pm

very few chicano rappers have good flow...i think its due to the accent. i like mr shadow alot and he doesnt have as strong of the cholo "accent" which is why i think his lyrics flow good. his voice isnt choppy like others.

ieprince
Soldier

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Sun May 02, 2010 10:38 pm

C O L T O N wrote:nobody wants to hear about smoking some sherm and sending some balazos down your block ese on the radio haha

L O L! That's the honest truth though. A lot of the cats that I like listening to will never get no radio play nor a good record deal just because of the shit they are spittin...people can't relate to it.
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Number of posts : 3824
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Sun May 02, 2010 10:54 pm

man theres way more than a few good chicano rappers out there. but they get mainstream then they just rappers. just labeling. rap is rap, underground is underground. yall already kow who i think is the best underground rapper right now, but thee are others. but they get labeled chicano rappers. lil uno is the shit, shadow is tight, there are more.

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Number of posts : 5175
Registration date : 2008-06-25

http://2012data.webs.com/theilluminati.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sosidetowner181 Mon May 03, 2010 12:25 am

These fools from Rhyme Poetic are pretty good I got a CD from a primo a couple years ago. I still bump their shit sometimes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sosidetowner181
Sosidetowner181
Associate

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2010-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Mon May 03, 2010 12:50 am

why would chicano rappers need to compare to black rappers?
what's this.. follow the black man in everything he does?
chale.. me sacan de onda this new generation that's always following on "their" steps
instead of staying original!!!
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2009-12-13

http://13radicalriders14.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Mon May 03, 2010 1:00 am

wwhy do people see the need to see them as followers? why cant they all just be rappers...no one says blacks are followers cuhz of the lowriding.....i just dont see a need to categorize or separate when it comes to music...

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfman Mon May 03, 2010 2:16 am

re-read the topic question
wolfman
wolfman
Captain

Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2009-12-13

http://13radicalriders14.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Mon May 03, 2010 2:17 am

i question the question....

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Mon May 03, 2010 2:44 am

no

/thread
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Number of posts : 2977
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Mon May 03, 2010 2:59 am

ima change the thread....

why wont "chicano rappers" ever rach the same level of fame as "traditional" rappers?

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Mon May 03, 2010 8:41 am

I'm all for the RAZA making it big like the mainstream artists but..imo...I don't see it happening to that extent...to myself it seems that the words in rap songs are what determines the success of the artist.....for the black artists it's n$%&a this and n$%&a that...which for some strange reason is widely accepted by the good'ol boys record labels.....for the brown artist its orale ese aqui para whatever, whatever.....if the Chicano artist used terms like wetback or mojados would they be just as equally successful and if so...at what cost....
What's the profit to gain the world and lose your soul....

wesiderider
Made Member

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2009-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Mon May 03, 2010 3:29 pm

WHAT DO YALL CONSIDER TO BE CHICANO RAPPER. CUHZ ILL TELL YOU ONE THAT YOU ALL WILL PROBABLY LAUGH AT BUT IT AINT NO JOKE. AND THATS ....BABY BASH...HE STARTED OUT WITH SPM. HE MADE IT PRETTY MUCH....I DONT KNOW, WHAT DO YALL THINK? PERSONALLY I THINK THERE ARE RAPPERS OT THERE WITH GOOD TALENT, BUT THEY DONT RAP ABOUT WHAT YOU NEED TO TO MAKE IT BIG. GOTTA MAKE THAT CLUB MUSIC NOWADAYS. LIKE BABY BASH

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Mon May 03, 2010 4:46 pm

Baby Bash is cool...he got some cool tracks...aside from talent, it's technology that can help in success....on this forum for example are videos of dudes I've never heard of, who knows I might get the B.O.B cd. There's been mainstream Chicano artists like Mellow Man Ace, Gerardo, Kid-frost...I'm just using these as examples...they had music videos on Mtv.....that should account for something.

wesiderider
Made Member

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2009-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post  .02 cents Mon May 03, 2010 4:55 pm

DONTxTRIP wrote:WHAT DO YALL CONSIDER TO BE CHICANO RAPPER. CUHZ ILL TELL YOU ONE THAT YOU ALL WILL PROBABLY LAUGH AT BUT IT AINT NO JOKE. AND THATS ....BABY BASH...HE STARTED OUT WITH SPM. HE MADE IT PRETTY MUCH....I DONT KNOW, WHAT DO YALL THINK? PERSONALLY I THINK THERE ARE RAPPERS OT THERE WITH GOOD TALENT, BUT THEY DONT RAP ABOUT WHAT YOU NEED TO TO MAKE IT BIG. GOTTA MAKE THAT CLUB MUSIC NOWADAYS. LIKE BABY BASH

cant argue with that.
.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  big smiley Tue May 11, 2010 11:35 am

i think more chicanos should pick up instruments rap is ok and has its place but but when your talking music, art , and expression a band full of talented musicians can make better music then any rapper could
big smiley
big smiley
Soldier

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Tue May 11, 2010 1:55 pm

big smiley wrote:i think more chicanos should pick up instruments rap is ok and has its place but but when your talking music, art , and expression a band full of talented musicians can make better music then any rapper could
theres more than a few chicano bands.

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  EVANS STR. GANG Tue May 11, 2010 5:37 pm

big smiley wrote:i think more chicanos should pick up instruments rap is ok and has its place but but when your talking music, art , and expression a band full of talented musicians can make better music then any rapper could

true shit right there homie
EVANS STR. GANG
EVANS STR. GANG
Made Member

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 11, 2010 5:51 pm

Rap is Rap. Hip hop and so on. Most people will associate 'Chicano Rap' with the Sureno movement. Even though, real heads know that Chicano has nothing to with being a Sureno. So if you're asking will a Mexican Rapper ever gain notoriety on the level of a Snoop Dog? It hasn't happened yet. Just like its hard for a white rapper to gain notoriety. How many White rappers who are platinum success can you name? Chicano rappers have more of a market in Japan...the sad thing is the japanese are so caught up with the Sureno/cholo look that they are following only one kind of Chicano rapper...the Sur. They can care less about Mexican or even Chicano culture.

Hip hop is and always will be a Black artform. It is supported by many other cultures around the globe and in those country's you have some successful artists...backed by their fellow countrymen. But, on the level of Snoop, Wu-tang, Lil Wayne? No, because the image of the Chicano isn't nearly as influential as the image of A black rapper with gold and platinum chains and fancy cars. This is the image readily accepted to be a mainstream representation of what Rap or Rappers should be about. Anything else is underground. And there are black rappers who suffer from the same public ignorance. Until the radio and media recognize different styles of hip hop...chicano's, black power, backpacker etc. you will never have any kind of huge chicano rapper. Also, keep in mind that there are plenty of Sureno rappers, coined as Chicano rappers, that rap about myate's and that type shit. The public is no longer ignorant with some of these racial spanish slurs. So, with that in mind...it still has an upward battle.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 13, 2010 12:00 pm

wolfman wrote:why would chicano rappers need to compare to black rappers?
chale.. me sacan de onda this new generation that's always following on "their" steps

first off...rap is rap Wolfman. But, in the context of this question and your response...staying original would be doing some form of Mexican or Chicano cultural music right? Rap isn't a cultural music of Mexican or Chicano. So what is staying original to you? Oldies? Nah...chicano's listen to smoky(black) and dells(black) more than everyone in my (black) family. NOw keeping it OG would mean Cholino Sanchez que no?

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Thu May 13, 2010 12:24 pm

Very Happy
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350
Registration date : 2008-01-19

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  EVANS STR. GANG Thu May 13, 2010 5:22 pm

niners wrote:
wolfman wrote:why would chicano rappers need to compare to black rappers?

first off...rap is rap Wolfman. But, in the context of this question and your response...staying original would be doing some form of Mexican or Chicano cultural music right? Rap isn't a cultural music of Mexican or Chicano. So what is staying original to you? Oldies? Nah...chicano's listen to smoky(black) and dells(black) more than everyone in my (black) family. NOw keeping it OG would mean Cholino Sanchez que no?

i dont think people should be sticking to their cultural music, like it's been said before, music is universal. i don't know what staying original would mean ese, i'm straight chicano, but i would just stick to what i was brought up around my entire life, not what people are into nowadays. i don't listen to rap ever, i was never brought up around it so i just never caught on to it. yeah i'll bump the oldies & funk but i dont believe it's staying original. as for cultural music, being chicano, it would be spanish music but shit i dont understand more than half the things they're saying lol
EVANS STR. GANG
EVANS STR. GANG
Made Member

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Thu May 13, 2010 6:09 pm

fuck you vatos talking about

Rap aint no black thing..that shit is shtraight from the Meshica eshe...what you know about the ashtec god of rythmn and poetry eshe....you aint even knowing about that big dog....thats shtraight our culture!

lol...
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Number of posts : 2977
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum