Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

30 varrios in 30 days

+9
worseloks
W3st909
Forum Gawd
Drunky McThuggerton
American Zombie
SURCALMEX
EVANS STR. GANG
W.Devil
Desdave
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

30 varrios in 30 days Empty 30 varrios in 30 days

Post  Desdave Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:44 pm

Decided to conduct my own research and interviews on gang turf/territories to compile a super custom and easy to read map. Worked OVS Belmont and Sunkist earlier this week and ESO yesterday, but today I toured (or attempted to tour) the cuca dog patch.. Wow, that's some hood! Nicely manicured lawns and not one vato in sight... These guys still active? Interesting "hood". Lots of tags claiming CDP on the wall near the tracks but nothing resembling a hood.

Desdave
Wannabe

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Back to top Go down

30 varrios in 30 days Empty Re: 30 varrios in 30 days

Post  W.Devil Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:04 pm

a varrio doesn't have to look like all run down or anything. It's an old Chicano neighborhood...just because people take care of their shit...
lol...it looks like any other hood anyways..especially in the dead ends.
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Number of posts : 2977
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  EVANS STR. GANG Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:02 am

yeah just because vatos claim varrio doesnt mean they have to be ghetto and dirty also.. gang banging is a complete different thing from being ghetto & dirty
EVANS STR. GANG
EVANS STR. GANG
Made Member

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdave Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:31 am

Fair enough, but I think we can all admit that often they go hand in hand. Ju

Visiting some Pomona varrios today.

Desdave
Wannabe

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:20 pm

Desdave wrote:Decided to conduct my own research and interviews on gang turf/territories to compile a super custom and easy to read map. Worked OVS Belmont and Sunkist earlier this week and ESO yesterday, but today I toured (or attempted to tour) the cuca dog patch.. Wow, that's some hood! Nicely manicured lawns and not one vato in sight... These guys still active? Interesting "hood". Lots of tags claiming CDP on the wall near the tracks but nothing resembling a hood.

What other varrios r u going to visit?
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:22 pm

Interview some Cucamonga Kings. lol.

Then take a trip to Fontana and I'll tell you where to go.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128
Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdave Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:35 pm

SURCALMEX wrote:
Desdave wrote:Decided to conduct my own research and interviews on gang turf/territories to compile a super custom and easy to read map. Worked OVS Belmont and Sunkist earlier this week and ESO yesterday, but today I toured (or attempted to tour) the cuca dog patch.. Wow, that's some hood! Nicely manicured lawns and not one vato in sight... These guys still active? Interesting "hood". Lots of tags claiming CDP on the wall near the tracks but nothing resembling a hood.

What other varrios r u going to visit?

I plan on hitting most of the west end varrios. Of course, for my protection I will not be publishing where I am going just where I have been... I respect that many of you don't like outsiders in your varrios.

I am writing my masters thesis on so Cali street gangs and the neighborhoods they control. And unlike many would be authors, I will publish it here for you vats to read... The culture is fascinating.

Desdave
Wannabe

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdave Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:38 pm

cray wrote:Interview some Cucamonga Kings. lol.

I don't have the CK crew on my immediate list. Of course, I will be visiting Fontana, since there are so many varrios there... Even though it's not really west end.

Desdave
Wannabe

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:16 am

Desdave wrote:

I don't have the CK crew on my immediate list. Of course, I will be visiting Fontana, since there are so many varrios there... Even though it's not really west end.

so your sticking to the west end? not gonna go to sb or riverside?

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Number of posts : 5175
Registration date : 2008-06-25

http://2012data.webs.com/theilluminati.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdave Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:30 am

DontxTrip wrote:
Desdave wrote:

so your sticking to the west end? not gonna go to sb or riverside?

That was the plan.

Desdave
Wannabe

Back to top Go down

Post  Forum Gawd Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:20 am

THATS RIGHT WEST END!! Twisted Evil
Forum Gawd
Forum Gawd
Boss

Number of posts : 4842
Registration date : 2009-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdave Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:53 pm

P12 yesterday and last night. Spoke with both a youngster and a veterano (and yes, I will be respecting their wish to keep their names private). That is some varrio. We discussed the history of 12 St, the killing of the CHP officer a few years ago (surprisingly still a touchy subject) and the LA vs. IE thing with Pomona (both agreed they are a little of both, but they lean LA since that's where they get locked up)

So far the most accommodating group yet.

They thanked me for my stance and view of the culture and warned me that the parque is not an appropriate questioning area when I asked about it.

Desdave
Wannabe

Back to top Go down

Post  W3st909 Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:28 pm

thats wassup did they say anything about some of there recent beefs and territory?

W3st909
Soldier

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2011-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdave Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:28 pm

Again, I am kind of the "guero in the ghetto" and not only do I have to protect my family and myself, but I have to show respect to guys who I am relying on to help me out with my future. And honestly, a beef with one varrio to another is their business, not mine.

My interest and thesis are in regards to the Chicano culture and lifestyle as related to surenos... Not who they beef with.

With that said I have mad respect for how they treated me and what they told me. And that is one hell of a varrio over there in the truest sense of the word.

Desdave
Wannabe

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:36 pm

BULLET_ache wrote:THATS RIGHT WEST END!! Twisted Evil
fontana aint west end

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Drunky McThuggerton Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:39 pm

Desdave wrote:Again, I am kind of the "guero in the ghetto" and not only do I have to protect my family and myself, but I have to show respect to guys who I am relying on to help me out with my future. And honestly, a beef with one varrio to another is their business, not mine.

My interest and thesis are in regards to the Chicano culture and lifestyle as related to surenos... Not who they beef with.

With that said I have mad respect for how they treated me and what they told me. And that is one hell of a varrio over there in the truest sense of the word.

not talking shit but what makes you say that?

Drunky McThuggerton
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdave Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:48 pm

DontxTrip wrote:
Desdave wrote:Again, I am kind of the "guero in the ghetto" and not only do I have to protect my family and myself, but I have to show respect to guys who I am relying on to help me out with my future. And honestly, a beef with one varrio to another is their business, not mine.

No offense taken at all... I am the new guy. And an outsider to boot, so perhaps what I say isn't proper or correct but only how I see/saw it.

What I meant from my statement, and I may be incorrect, is: it is a very old school Latino hood, where everyone who lives there knows who is in charge. There are well placed tags letting folks like me know that you are entering an area that is not yours to hang out in, or sling without taxation. So far this week only OVS Belmont and Sunkist and P12 gave me that feeling. As I alluded to earlier, I didn't feel that way in cuca dp or ESO.

Sorry if it offends.

Desdave
Wannabe

Back to top Go down

Post  W3st909 Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:04 pm

I respect that

W3st909
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  W3st909 Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:07 pm

Desdave wrote:
DontxTrip wrote:

No offense taken at all... I am the new guy. And an outsider to boot, so perhaps what I say isn't proper or correct but only how I see/saw it.

What I meant from my statement, and I may be incorrect, is: it is a very old school Latino hood, where everyone who lives there knows who is in charge. There are well placed tags letting folks like me know that you are entering an area that is not yours to hang out in, or sling without taxation. So far this week only OVS Belmont and Sunkist and P12 gave me that feeling. As I alluded to earlier, I didn't feel that way in cuca dp or ESO.

Sorry if it offends.

What info did you get from ESO

W3st909
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdave Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:36 pm

Just cruised the hood, and frankly saw more OVS tags than anything. Met with no one. Saw no one who looked connected.

Desdave
Wannabe

Back to top Go down

Post  W3st909 Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:39 pm

yea I can see why I never heard anything about ESO before

W3st909
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdave Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:51 pm

Small turf, at least by the map on this site... it appears to be bordered by Vineyard Avenue, the I-10 and 4th Street. Its a hood to be sure, but you gotta have balls to go into Onterio and claim andything but OVS, even that far in the Northeast.

Again, all of the tags I saw were OVSR or OVSx3... nothing indicating that there is another set running that turf from a Sureno aspect. Perhaps the ESO crowd is a clique of OVS? Again with OVS's connections upstairs, I would be surely hesitant to set up shop anywhere in Onta, but thats just me... and again, I am gringo as all hell. There was several black dudes in that hood who were hanging out, but I figured them to be part of the 4th Street Hustler crowd, and no offense to the black gangs, but I am sticking with the Surenos on this project. I have just been made aware by my visit with the P12 guys that there are more cliques in OVS than I have visited... Calle's Nocta and D as well as Avenida Calaveras. Perhaps I will get there. If its anything like there original turf, i am sure I will be impressed.

...perhaps I'll look into black gangs when I go for my Phd =)

I hope my project is not too offensive to ya'll...

Desdave
Wannabe

Back to top Go down

Post  W3st909 Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:59 pm

I understand what your saying but no offense taken at all you have to say alot more than that to offend us remember this is IE Street life.... lol Very Happy
But keep up the good work for your project your giving up some good info and thats the point of these forums.

W3st909
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdave Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:10 pm

I dont mean offensive as in your feelings are hurt by my words as much as potentially insulting some vatos who have obvious pride in their varrios... as they should.

...if I could take back my comments about the Dog Patch from a few days ago, I would, since they seem very harsh to me at this time, and if I repped that hood I would be looking for me. So, to all the the Cuca Dog Patch crowd, my apology is there for you, it was wrong to judge your varrio by a drive through. Your history is there, and thats what counts: It was a varrio before the other side of town turned OC.

Cruised the Chino Sinners/D Street Lokos area this afternoon/evening. Another old school varrio with a ton of tradition. Scary alleys traversing that whole hood. Felt a little sketchy for the first time since I started this. Didnt get to meet with anyone (By the way, it isnt like there are a ton of vatos who want to talk about the hood with an outsider.. which is why I was so impressed by the P12 trip last night), but that is certianly a well established varrio with a half a century of history. The problem with Chino is it is growing like Rancho Cucamonga, but that varrio will remain forever, and with the police moving out to the other side of town, I am sure it will heat up over there.

Scary little project to be sure... my wife is sure happy when I call her after I am out.

Desdave
Wannabe

Back to top Go down

Post  worseloks Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:30 pm

Desdave wrote:I dont mean offensive as in your feelings are hurt by my words as much as potentially insulting some vatos who have obvious pride in their varrios... as they should.

...if I could take back my comments about the Dog Patch from a few days ago, I would, since they seem very harsh to me at this time, and if I repped that hood I would be looking for me. So, to all the the Cuca Dog Patch crowd, my apology is there for you, it was wrong to judge your varrio by a drive through. Your history is there, and thats what counts: It was a varrio before the other side of town turned OC.

Cruised the Chino Sinners/D Street Lokos area this afternoon/evening. Another old school varrio with a ton of tradition. Scary alleys traversing that whole hood. Felt a little sketchy for the first time since I started this. Didnt get to meet with anyone (By the way, it isnt like there are a ton of vatos who want to talk about the hood with an outsider.. which is why I was so impressed by the P12 trip last night), but that is certianly a well established varrio with a half a century of history. The problem with Chino is it is growing like Rancho Cucamonga, but that varrio will remain forever, and with the police moving out to the other side of town, I am sure it will heat up over there.

Scary little project to be sure... my wife is sure happy when I call her after I am out.

is there even 30 varrios in the west end?

worseloks
Soldier

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2010-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next