Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TORRANCE...

+7
MAFIA GANG IE bangin
P_LOKO
SURCALMEX
2wheels
TumbleWeed
Drop Out
W.Devil
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

TORRANCE... - Page 2 Empty Re: TORRANCE...

Post  samdooby Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:19 am

THE HARBOR GATEWAY IS A STRIP OF AREA MAINLY DOWN VERMONT AVE THAT ENCOMPASSES VERMONT, NORMANDIE, PCH, WESTERN, ETC ETC.
IT IS A LITTLE STRIP OF SPACE THAT FALLS UNDER LOS ANGELES CITY AND IS PATROLLED BY SHERIFFS AND LAPD. EST TXF AND 204 FALL IN THAT CATEGORY...

AS FAR AS GHETTO, ESXT HOOD IS NO WHERE NEAR AS GHETTO AS MOST IE HOODS AND/OR LA HOODS...

I MEAN, THE TURF IS MAINLY APTS AND MEXICANS AND LOWER-SOCIO-ECONOMIC AREA SO IT IS GENERALLY NOT AS "NICE" AS THE SURROUNDING AREAS...

BUT WHEN I THINK OF GHETTO, I THINK CPT OR WATTS OR LA...

samdooby
Associate

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:39 pm

cray wrote:Ghetto is kind of an extreme word to describe an area..don't you think? Not just with Torrance but most areas..

Yeah true. Especially if you been out of state, and even out of the country.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350
Registration date : 2008-01-19

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:54 pm

samdooby wrote:THE HARBOR GATEWAY IS A STRIP OF AREA MAINLY DOWN VERMONT AVE THAT ENCOMPASSES VERMONT, NORMANDIE, PCH, WESTERN, ETC ETC.
IT IS A LITTLE STRIP OF SPACE THAT FALLS UNDER LOS ANGELES CITY AND IS PATROLLED BY SHERIFFS AND LAPD. EST TXF AND 204 FALL IN THAT CATEGORY...

AS FAR AS GHETTO, ESXT HOOD IS NO WHERE NEAR AS GHETTO AS MOST IE HOODS AND/OR LA HOODS...

I MEAN, THE TURF IS MAINLY APTS AND MEXICANS AND LOWER-SOCIO-ECONOMIC AREA SO IT IS GENERALLY NOT AS "NICE" AS THE SURROUNDING AREAS...

BUT WHEN I THINK OF GHETTO, I THINK CPT OR WATTS OR LA...

Yeah it's kinda like when you compare P12ST varrio and Cuca King's Varrio even if there is a gang in that area the sharkies varrio is way more ghetto and rundown and active than CKS varrio a that basically a small rundown neighborhood in the middle of new apartments and newer homes and in sharkie's hood it's not like that the hole neighborhood is rundown
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:12 pm

I actually think that side by side they look very similar. There both older latino/chicano areas. Obviously the Cuca Kings varrio is much smaller but that was the original area before the new city popped up.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:15 pm

well yeah but the difference is that CKS is surrounded by some new ass area
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:19 pm

I dont think that really affects the actual varrio aside from the prospective some people might have on it. Cucamonga is a seperate area/city. The Rancho part is the new nice area. The CKS varrio goes back as long as any other of the Western end varrios. One things for sure CKS is very small so much activity shouldn't be expected.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:21 pm

NYTE RYDA wrote:I dont think that really affects the actual varrio aside from the prospective some people might have on it. Cucamonga is a seperate area/city. The Rancho part is the new nice area. The CKS varrio goes back as long as any other of the Western end varrios. One things for sure CKS is very small so much activity shouldn't be expected.

Very True
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:26 pm

Does anybody know if CKS had a bigger area in the past before all the renovations and new shit popped up? Seems like there might have been more old area were the new area is at now.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:33 pm

Ive always heard that it's always been just CKS varrio and CDP varrio as the older areas in cucamonga never heard of other areas but who knows
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:45 pm

NYTE RYDA wrote:Does anybody know if CKS had a bigger area in the past before all the renovations and new shit popped up? Seems like there might have been more old area were the new area is at now.

ALL AROUND 24th N 25th ITS A LIL VARRIO NOT JUST THOSE TWO STREETS...SO YEA THERES A LIL MORE THEN JUST A FEW STREETS THAT MAKE UP OLD CUCA IN THAT AREA....CUCA DOG PATCH IS A OLD AREA BUT NOT AS OLD AS KINGS VARRIO, OVER IN CDP HOOD THERE HOUSES ARE A LIL BIGGER N HAVE DRIVEWAYS WHEN HOMES DIDNT HAVE ALL THAT WAY BACK...SO I WOULD SAY THERE TURF (CDP) WAS BULT IN THE LATE 60s/70s WHEN KINGS IS FROM THE 20s/30s.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:56 pm

DICERxOVSBA*BMTLs wrote:
NYTE RYDA wrote:Does anybody know if CKS had a bigger area in the past before all the renovations and new shit popped up? Seems like there might have been more old area were the new area is at now.

ALL AROUND 24th N 25th ITS A LIL VARRIO NOT JUST THOSE TWO STREETS...SO YEA THERES A LIL MORE THEN JUST A FEW STREETS THAT MAKE UP OLD CUCA IN THAT AREA....CUCA DOG PATCH IS A OLD AREA BUT NOT AS OLD AS KINGS VARRIO, OVER IN CDP HOOD THERE HOUSES ARE A LIL BIGGER N HAVE DRIVEWAYS WHEN HOMES DIDNT HAVE ALL THAT WAY BACK...SO I WOULD SAY THERE TURF (CDP) WAS BULT IN THE LATE 60s/70s WHEN KINGS IS FROM THE 20s/30s.

The other older area next to CKS looks like it might be a little older than that. Maybe from the 50's? Who knows but that does sound about rite. 50's/60's.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:04 pm

MOST THE BARRIOS ON THE WEST-END ARE FROM THE 20s TO 50s...THEN THERES THE NEWER BARRIOS (NSO,CDP) THAT SEEM LIKE THEY WHERE COMMING UP MUCH LATER...WHO KNOWS MAYBE BEFOR THE NEWER RANCHO AREA WAS BULT KINGS VARRIO N DOG PATCH VARRIO WAS CONNECTED BUT NOW ITS SEPARATED BY NEWER HOMES FROM THE 80s.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:54 am

Cuca Kings is the area that was known as "north Town". If you notice, this is not north of Cucamonga. It was called North Town for North Ontario wayyyy back, even though it never became Ontario..I read that interview of that guy from North Town, he grew up there in the 50's and if I remember right, he did give the bounderies of the neighborhood, which was pretty much the exact bounderies of CKS hood of today. Pretty much, Arhibald to heaven, and from the tracks to Arrow bl....Back in the day each family had way more kids, life 5 to 10 kids a house. Things were much more active in the old days...atleast for CKS..when they went at it with Ontario and all that
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

Post  SURCALMEX Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:16 pm

damn that's alot of kids now in days it's only like 2,3 or 4 kids but if you think about it alot of the people that kick it in the CKS varrio live outside of it too and back then there was no other neighborhoods outside of it
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Back to top Go down

TORRANCE... - Page 2 Empty West Torrance Piru

Post  chefdaddy420 Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:48 am

We on that WEST TORRANCE PIRU tip. get at me

chefdaddy420

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum