Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie/Documentary in the making about San Bernardino black gang history.

+4
Drop Out
P_LOKO
~OSO~
TumbleWeed
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Movie/Documentary in the making about San Bernardino black gang history. Empty Movie/Documentary in the making about San Bernardino black gang history.

Post  TumbleWeed Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:40 pm

I just got off the phone with an old homie of mine from 10th street PJ's. He's been in the works of getting a documentary/movie about the origins and history of San Bernardino Black gangs, events in time (Los Angeles gang outpour into San Bernardino during the crack era in 1980's etc..) How problems arose and stories first hand from Originals of each hood. Even a few speakers from certain Westside varrios. He's currently has Director Billy Wright who has a few good Gang Documentaries under his belt working on the project most notable Dead Homies, and actor Bookeem Woodbine who played roles in various movies, Jasons Lyric, Dead Presidents and a few others. There is going to be appearances by several, rap artist both from San Bernardino/IE and Los Angeles, even Jayo Felony from San Diego.

If given the opportunity I may play a small role in speaking about certain things if I get the chance. Which is still being worked out. So look out for this yall!

Its titled. IE. And is a documentary/movie on a decent budget so no cheap looking garbage either. LOL. Its in Pre-Production as of now, meaning alot of things are still being sorted out.

Last edited by NYTE RYDA on Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350
Registration date : 2008-01-19

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Movie/Documentary in the making about San Bernardino black gang history. Empty Re: Movie/Documentary in the making about San Bernardino black gang history.

Post  ~OSO~ Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:55 pm

Shit that's cool, looking forward to seeing it.

~OSO~
Made Member

Number of posts : 547

Back to top Go down

Movie/Documentary in the making about San Bernardino black gang history. Empty Re: Movie/Documentary in the making about San Bernardino black gang history.

Post  P_LOKO Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:31 pm

NYTE RYDA wrote:
If given the opportunity I may play a small role in speaking about certain things if I get the chance. Which is still being worked out. So look out for this yall!

....Can't wait to see this one! I'm looking forward to its release date. That shit would be REAL COOL if they getcha to speak on this. I don't know anyone else who knows more history about San Bernardino than Ryda and Bigg Ty Ty.
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Number of posts : 3824
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:49 pm

LOL. There's plenty of wise words,knowledge and information legitimate information to be spoke on something like this. From both sides of it. I'm looking forward to getting that opportunity. If I can get my hands in this I will make sure the validness, and integrity on what has gone down in San Bernardino history is preserved in correct fashion. No watered down, fraudulent, irrelevant garbage.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:32 pm

GOOD SHIT KEEP US POSTED.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:04 am

sounds interesting...keep us posted like dicer said...been waiting for something like this
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Number of posts : 2977
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  {~Vicente~} Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:47 am

Keep us posted, is it about the whole IE or just San Bernardino?
{~Vicente~}
{~Vicente~}
Soldier

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:49 pm

Only San Bernardino specifically the West side where the events all took place.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:43 pm

Its still in Pre-Production, the scripts are just about done, and its going through Lola Jackson Productions in Hollywood. I now trust that it will be good despite whatever direction it goes in because the screen writing was heavily assisted by originals from the era. I'll bring more updates when they get to me.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:19 pm

I just got this link in my email a few minutes ago. Once again it is in pre-production, but some of the news I received was disappointing to me. I will be going to LA next weekend and see if I can still contribute in some way, most things are pointing to me not being available in time. Another thing that had me disappointed was the idea to get the rappers on there as some kind of actors. I just hope they are thoroughly spoken to about the actual history and events that unfolded and steer away from the corniness that I usual associate some of these guys with when they hit the big screen. Lets hope not! Evil or Very Mad

Anyhow you can now check it out here, obviously things might change and I really wonder who wrote that bogus Description about it. Obviously someone who lacks the history.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:22 pm

wait...so is it a documentary or like a "regular" movie..im kinda confused
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:25 pm

HUERO WITH A H wrote:wait...so is it a documentary or like a "regular" movie..im kinda confused

Its going to be very much like Billy Wrights Dead Homies documentary/movie if you have seen. Things will be acted out and interviews/stories will be told and so on. Check out his prior documentary/movie and you will see what I mean.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:25 pm

I think you can view it for free on youtube.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:53 pm

THIS IS THE PLOT?

The L.A. Crips set their sights on San Bernardino County. The L.A. Crips move to the I.E. in an attempt to and almost conquer the I.E. Mob territory. Seven years later after all the madness in the I.E. God brings the war between two notorious gangs to an end. Written by L. Jackson

LOOKS LIKE MORE HYPE ON THE WHOLE IxE VS. LA?

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:09 am

yeh...i thought it was gonna just be about the history of the SB black hoods? not about LA trying to take over...
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:09 am

LOL...snoop dogg is gonna be in it?
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:13 am

DICERxOVSBA*BMTLs wrote:THIS IS THE PLOT?

The L.A. Crips set their sights on San Bernardino County. The L.A. Crips move to the I.E. in an attempt to and almost conquer the I.E. Mob territory. Seven years later after all the madness in the I.E. God brings the war between two notorious gangs to an end. Written by L. Jackson

NO. I specifically mentioned that the person who wrote that must have just done a quick description to get the page up since its new. Obviously that same person lacks the history or insight, and could have easily been the producers. Once again it does not have ANYTHING to do with anywhere else in IE except for San Bernardino. One thing that you got to understand is that San Bernardino niggas are somewhat arrogant and when they rep IE hard like that its basically really only San Bernardino there referring to. The term "Westside IE" is sometimes incorrectly used for other cities, but the real meaning of Westside IE means Westside San Bernardino.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:15 am

HUERO WITH A H wrote:yeh...i thought it was gonna just be about the history of the SB black hoods? not about LA trying to take over...

No IE LA hype here, just events that took place in West San Bernardino LOL. There will be no other city even mentioned. I explained that San Bernardino cats are very specific when claiming IE, IE to us is almost always basically San Bernardino city.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:16 am

Oh you know what, LOL. I just read that description again, Miss Lola who I just recently met is from the San Fernando Valley she really knows nothing about this, the project is just being produced through her company.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:27 am

HUERO WITH A H wrote:LOL...snoop dogg is gonna be in it?

He is negotiations and there will be a audition as far as I know. In my opinion Snoop is not a good actor he always brings extras with it. I've seen Jayo in a few low budget flicks before and he is better than snoop. Kurupt is just like Snoop lol. And Bad Azz I don't know. The rest are legit actors who have stared in Good movies, Bookem Woodbine and the Guy from the Wire are notable. That bitch London Charles is asking for her big break with this project as well. LOL
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:31 am

lol i know i seen that flavor of love bitch deelishus in there lol

are any of the varrios gonna be represented in the movie i know u mentioned something like that but do u got any info on that?
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:39 am

I;m not sure about that now, because the thing is in the works things can change on a dime and some people back out of the project, in reality if there is some varrio presence it will be small, since the film is about the crack era and the rock was run by the blacks in a vast majority of the Westside. Chicanos pushed crack as well, but whats San Bernardino best known for? Methamphetamine which was something the varrios leaned more towards.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:54 am

NYTE RYDA wrote:
DICERxOVSBA*BMTLs wrote:THIS IS THE PLOT?

NO. I specifically mentioned that the person who wrote that must have just done a quick description to get the page up since its new. Obviously that same person lacks the history or insight, and could have easily been the producers. Once again it does not have ANYTHING to do with anywhere else in IE except for San Bernardino. One thing that you got to understand is that San Bernardino niggas are somewhat arrogant and when they rep IE hard like that its basically really only San Bernardino there referring to. The term "Westside IE" is sometimes incorrectly used for other cities, but the real meaning of Westside IE means Westside San Bernardino.

I STILL THINK A MOVIE LIKE THIS SHOULD BE CALLED SAN BERNARDINO/COUNTY OR WESTSIDE, CALLING A MOVIE IxE BUT ONLY HITING UP SB IS LIKE A MOVIE IN POMONA BEING CALLED LA...WESTSIDE IxE? WHAT CITYS USE THAT?

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:59 pm

Why would it be called anything else? San Bernardino is the heart and soul and complete epitome of what IE is and stands for so to call it anything else wouldn't make sense. I have seen plenty of dudes use Westside IE in places all over, even in Riverside, Which makes no sense because Westside IE means Westside San Bernardino.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:01 pm

This has nothing to do with County stuff, whoever wrote that was trying to distinguish SB from LA by adding on the County, but once again its only about San Bernardino events.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next