Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

$32 billion donation

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

$32 billion donation - Page 2 Empty Re: $32 billion donation

Post  American Zombie Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:21 am

My point was that capital investment which is only possible through people that are wealthy enough to do it, is what is helpful to the world. 
Investment and spending( buying stuff aka consumption) are two very different things dispite what the president and politicians think.

Investment has more to do with holding off on consumption for the time being in order to accumulate more capital goods. So it is spending in a way but it isn't consumption as in going out shopping and stuff like that. Investment comes from savings. 
Savings is only made possible if people are wealthy enough to do so.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128
Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:36 am

Yes and no. 

Investing in wealthy people does not help anyone but them. 

I am honestly not in this tonight. My head is swimming with stress... So, I'll just stop.

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:42 am

It's cool. I just wanted to add a different perspective than the norm.

But yeah, my point wasn't about investing in wealthy people. It had to do with the macro economic view of investment and savings which are the ways economies and wealth grows.
My opinion is that charity is great for helping those in need in the short term and anyone willing to give towards worthwhile charity should be praised, but long run, help and relief to those in need largely comes savings and investments. (For reasons I've been too lazy to explain).
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:20 am

None of it matters because of because it is determined at birth... $32 billion donation - Page 2 Oppression12

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:54 pm

Well, individual factors will effect how successful someone is throughout their life.
For example, income is highly correlated with IQ level.
But that's actually a slightly different subject because everyone's standard of living still goes up through basic market fundamentals and cooperation.

There has always been people throughout all of history with different advantages and disadvantages, the main thing to keep in mind though is that the way we live, our standard of living or our material wealth as a whole is not some kind of static thing that never changes.
In other words, would you rather be a poor disadvantaged person in the year 1515 or in the year 2015?
One could even make a good argument as to how a poor person in 2015 lives in far greater comfort than a king of the 1600s.

So I'd disagree that none of these things matter. They matter a lot.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:36 am

What do you disagree with? As a man, you are less oppressed. 90% of the world's violence is directed at women. You have a far greater opportunity to live a safer life just because you are a male. This states things are determined at birth given our heteropatriarchal society. If you do not fit into the heteronormative, you are very unlikely to become more than you pre-determined standing. I am not going discussing the puppets of the entertainment industry. Yes, they work hard, but those running it are all heteronormative people.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2