Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oakland Police Shooting

+6
tysuave77
P_LOKO
JinkyRctongs
W.Devil
SURCALMEX
all eyes on me
10 posters

Go down

Oakland Police Shooting Empty Oakland Police Shooting

Post  all eyes on me Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:03 am

OAKLAND, Calif. – A police officer was battling for his life and three more were dead after a parolee with an "extensive criminal history" opened fire at a routine traffic stop and hours later gunned down members of a SWAT team searching for him.

The gunman was also killed Saturday, capping a day of violence that the Oakland Police Department said was the worst in its history. Never before had three police officers died in the line of duty on the same day.

"It's in these moments that words are extraordinarily inadequate," said Mayor Ron Dellums at a somber news conference Saturday night.

The mayhem began that afternoon, when two motorcycle patrol officers stopped a 1995 Buick sedan in east Oakland, Oakland police spokesman Jeff Thomason said. The driver opened fire, killing Sgt. Mark Dunakin, 40, and gravely wounding Officer John Hege, 41.

The gunman then fled on foot, police said, leading to an intense manhunt by dozens of Oakland police, California Highway Patrol officers and Alameda County sheriff deputies. Streets were roped off and an entire area of east Oakland closed to traffic.

About two hours later, officers got an anonymous tip that the gunman was inside a nearby apartment building.

A SWAT team had entered an apartment to clear and search it when the gunman shot them with an assault rifle, police said.

Sgt. Ervin Romans, 43, and Sgt. Daniel Sakai, 35, were killed and a third officer was grazed by a bullet, police said.

SWAT team members returned fire, killing 26-year-old Lovelle Mixon of Oakland, Acting Oakland police Chief Howard Jordan said.

Officer Hege suffered brain damage and may not survive, his father, Dr. John S. Hege, said late Saturday.

"It is a stunning thing to face," he said.

Grieving officers at the police station hugged and consoled each other. People left four bouquets of white roses under a granite memorial wall inside the building lobby that lists 47 officers killed in the line of duty. The wall shows the last officer killed in Oakland was in January of 1999.

Police said Mixon wielded two different weapons. One gun was used at the first scene and an assault rifle was used at the apartment building where he was hiding.

Jordan said Mixon had an "extensive criminal history" and was wanted on a no-bail warrant.

"(Mixon) was on parole and he had a warrant out for his arrest for violating that parole. And he was on parole for assault with a deadly weapon," said Oakland police Deputy Chief Jeffery Israel.

Police said they did not know exactly why the officers initially stopped the suspect, but said it apparently was a routine traffic stop.

People lingered at the scene of the first shooting. About 20 bystanders taunted police.

Tension between police and the community has risen steadily since the fatal shooting of unarmed 22-year-old Oscar Grant by a transit police officer at an Oakland train station on Jan. 1.

That former Bay Area Rapid Transit officer, Johannes Mehserle, has pleaded not guilty to a murder charge. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Monday. Violent protests erupted on the streets of Oakland in the weeks after Grant's death, further inflaming tensions.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger planned to fly to Oakland on Sunday from Washington, D.C., to meet with police and Mayor Dellums, the govenor's office said.

all eyes on me
Soldier

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Oakland Police Shooting Empty Re: Oakland Police Shooting

Post  SURCALMEX Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:12 pm

yeah I was looking at this shit some crazy shit right there, he killed 3 cops and than they put him out deing
SURCALMEX
SURCALMEX
Captain

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  W.Devil Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:52 pm

fuck...heard about this last night...crazy shit

RIP to the 3 officers...me and my family are not to fond of the PD....but i dont judge ALL cops based on some assholes....theres some that really do care about the communities they serve in.

People lingered at the scene of the first shooting. About 20 bystanders taunted police.

^that right there is pretty fuckin disgusting...
W.Devil
W.Devil
UnderBoss

Number of posts : 2977
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  all eyes on me Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:51 pm

Well said. There are some that I wish I could get in the ring with, but there are also some that are really good peeps. Usually the ones that come out of the hoods and varrios make decent cops, as long as they dont forget where they come from...

all eyes on me
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  JinkyRctongs Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:31 am

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh68bhs20pQMEoTS64
JinkyRctongs
JinkyRctongs
Captain

Number of posts : 1533
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:33 am

White Devil wrote:fuck...heard about this last night...crazy shit

RIP to the 3 officers...me and my family are not to fond of the PD....but i dont judge ALL cops based on some assholes....theres some that really do care about the communities they serve in.

Yeah that's real talk. I ain't really fond of the Police at all...they've done some fucked up thangs to me and my homies in the past years...but I don't hate them at all. Just like how there's bad cops, there's good cops out there as well.
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Number of posts : 3824
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  tysuave77 Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:43 am

I feel what yall are saying but at the same time there gonna kiil you. so you might as well take as manny out as you can, in my book he went out like a all time true G he kiiled 4 of em.I rather go out like that then go to the pen for the rest of my life fuc that I love women to much to spend the rest of my life around men and never to have sex again fuc that kill me....

tysuave77
Soldier

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  all eyes on me Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:29 pm

That's some stupid shit to say! Nobody deserves that shit! Those cats were just doing their job. Like paid said, there are some that are shady as hell, but most of them are just doing their job. There are four families that lost a dad for just doing their job. I dont know how you go out like a G when you run and hide after you shoot somebody. That's the problem with our society today! It's never cool when anyone gets killed!

all eyes on me
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:37 pm

EYE FOR N EYE...WHY IS IT THE COPS CAN GET AWAY WITH PAY N NOT GULTY WHEN THEY KILL ONE OF US? COPS KNOW THE KINDA JOB THERE GETTN INTO WHAT THEY SIGN UP...I FEEL BAD FOR THE FAMILYS BUT NOT FOR THE COPS KILLD...SORRY BUT THEY SHOW NO LOVE THEY GET NO LOVE BACK...THERE REG PEOPLE JUST LIKE US BUT THEY THINK THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH ANYTHING THEY WANT...SO SORRY TO SAY SOMETIMES THEY NEED TO GET CHECKD TO SEE THEY CANT.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:11 am

You can all call him a true G and say fuck the cops all you want but the truth is, his DNA was linked to atleast 4 rapes, one involving a 12 year old girl from what Ive read...So I don't really see any sense in glorifying him in any kind of way.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128
Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

Post  tysuave77 Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:12 am

I'm sorry I have no remorse for the police I know off and heard to manny storys of the police killing people for nothing and lieing about the story only to get away with it I rember a couple of years bac in vegas when the police shot and killed a 16 yr old who was hand cuffed and got out of the bac of a police car and ran away the pole shot him 5 times in the bac while he was not only running but was hand cuffed..

tysuave77
Soldier

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Drop Out Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:56 am

The Dictator wrote:You can all call him a true G and say fuck the cops all you want but the truth is, his DNA was linked to atleast 4 rapes, one involving a 12 year old girl from what Ive read...So I don't really see any sense in glorifying him in any kind of way.

YEAH I GOT THAT BUT I WAS WAS TALKN ABOUT COPS IN GENERAL.

Drop Out
Protective Custody
Protective Custody

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  .02 cents Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:39 pm

tysuave77 wrote:I feel what yall are saying but at the same time there gonna kiil you. so you might as well take as manny out as you can, in my book he went out like a all time true G he kiiled 4 of em.I rather go out like that then go to the pen for the rest of my life fuc that I love women to much to spend the rest of my life around men and never to have sex again fuc that kill me....

At the very least, this is how the media would portray a true G in the movies, getting in a shoot out with the cops and yada yada. I remember thinking the same thing about them north hollywood bank robbers, they were called cowards but they had heart that day. This cat, shot four cops, and I would say that is some gangster shit right there. Not everyone would do what he did. Now mind you, I am in no way glorifying this fool, espescially if the rumors of him linked to four rapes is true, but supposedly this iIS how you go out like a G. Anyone ever see colors. lol, hodges got blasted and went out like a media hyped G.

My point is, you cant really call some one stupid for having these beliefs when in some circles, this is how your supposed to think. I think it's more productive to challenge and possibly educate a person on your perspective before outright calling a persons belief stupid, even if thats what you think. Anyways, just my opinion
.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  all eyes on me Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:37 pm

True, but to say its cool for ANYONE to get killed is stupid. Cops or otherwise. Cops are no different than anyone esle! some good, so shady as hell. what's funny is we sterotype them and then get pissed off when then sterotype us. Are all black people and mexican fucked up? Is it fair to base a whole on actions of a few? I think we all know the answer to that! It's no differnet than the biggotry this country was founded on! Personally I have friend on both sides. Friend that have done some serious time and friend and family that are in Law enforcement. We get all butt hurt when a homie get blasted for getting caught up in some shit, but its okay for someone to die doing their job? WTF? Dont get my wrong I understand what you guy are saying. I been fuked with plenty by the cops, but Im smart enough to know that ALL of them arnt all dicks! I will be glad to see the day when we stop buying into senseless violence! 5 people dead for what? Then I read this cat was only 26. dude had a full life ahead of him, but didnt want to go back to prison cuz he had missed a meeting with his PO... Senseless!!!

all eyes on me
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  American Zombie Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:50 am

He didn't want to go back to prison because he knew he would never come out knowing that he had raped 4 girls and DNA is a sure thing.
American Zombie
American Zombie
Boss

Number of posts : 6128
Registration date : 2008-01-19

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard62.html

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:08 am

all eyes on me wrote:True, but to say its cool for ANYONE to get killed is stupid. Cops or otherwise. Cops are no different than anyone esle! some good, so shady as hell. what's funny is we sterotype them and then get pissed off when then sterotype us. Are all black people and mexican fucked up? Is it fair to base a whole on actions of a few? I think we all know the answer to that! It's no differnet than the biggotry this country was founded on! Personally I have friend on both sides. Friend that have done some serious time and friend and family that are in Law enforcement. We get all butt hurt when a homie get blasted for getting caught up in some shit, but its okay for someone to die doing their job? WTF? Dont get my wrong I understand what you guy are saying. I been fuked with plenty by the cops, but Im smart enough to know that ALL of them arnt all dicks! I will be glad to see the day when we stop buying into senseless violence! 5 people dead for what? Then I read this cat was only 26. dude had a full life ahead of him, but didnt want to go back to prison cuz he had missed a meeting with his PO... Senseless!!!

I agree. Real talk right there.
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:10 am

The Dictator wrote:He didn't want to go back to prison because he knew he would never come out knowing that he had raped 4 girls and DNA is a sure thing.

Yeah, he didn't wanna live life PC'd up. Going in with that on your shoulders ain't gonna fly.
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Back to top Go down

Oakland Police Shooting Empty Funktown shooting

Post  Ty Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:06 am

I'll wait for the official report. That was some show of marksmanship. I would expect to see those shots from somebody who had extensive firearms training but not from a parolee. Seriously do you think this cat spent much time at the range? Not to mention the fact that he was able to take out two experienced supervisory level swat team members who knew he had already killed two officers hours earlier? Really, something doesn't smell right. We got a serious problem that people need to start thinking about and that is we have a lot of paramilitary activity going on and you don't know who is strapped with that extra-little bit of training and experience. I'm not saying that was the case here but without question it is something to think about.

Nonetheless, thoughts and prayers go out to the family of all involved. Regardless of what happened or who was involved, no family should ever have to suffer the pain of burying a loved one, especially in a senseless act with so many unknown variables.

Ty
Soldier

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:13 pm

Ty wrote:I'll wait for the official report. That was some show of marksmanship. I would expect to see those shots from somebody who had extensive firearms training but not from a parolee. Seriously do you think this cat spent much time at the range? Not to mention the fact that he was able to take out two experienced supervisory level swat team members who knew he had already killed two officers hours earlier? Really, something doesn't smell right. We got a serious problem that people need to start thinking about and that is we have a lot of paramilitary activity going on and you don't know who is strapped with that extra-little bit of training and experience. I'm not saying that was the case here but without question it is something to think about.

Nonetheless, thoughts and prayers go out to the family of all involved. Regardless of what happened or who was involved, no family should ever have to suffer the pain of burying a loved one, especially in a senseless act with so many unknown variables.

Yes indeed. Tragic all the way around. That dude was once a child too, shit is fucked up how some cards are dealt.

Back to top Go down

Post  all eyes on me Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:58 pm

I read he had an assualt rifle, so the motor cops were in trouble from the start. The 2 SWAT officers going it making entry into the house...

all eyes on me
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down