Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

24 year old killed Golden ave. SB

Go down

24 year old killed Golden ave. SB  Empty 24 year old killed Golden ave. SB

Post  dstrm300 Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:16 am

SAN BERNARDINO - A 24-year-old man died in a shooting Friday morning in San Bernardino.
Police found Keyon Marcell Tyson Jr. lying on the sidewalk outside his apartment in the 3000 block of North Golden Avenue after officers received a report of shots fired at 12:30 a.m.

Paramedics pronounced him dead at the scene.

"I looked out and saw police standing over his body and investigating," said Robin Price, who knew Tyson because they were neighbors.

Groups of residents and friends spoke to police along the driveway where Tyson collapsed, while others waited outside the crime scene tape.

"I don't even understand why this happened," Price said.

Police were still trying to figure it out, but it's been a challenge.

"Unfortunately we're not finding anyone who wants to cooperate with us," said San Bernardino police Detective Mike Vasillis. "We know a bunch of people we're standing out there."

But police don't have a motive, and witnesses won't talk for fear of retaliation, Vasillis said.

Price said Tyson was friendly, and from what she could tell, he wasn't involved in anything that would lead to a shooting.

"When he was here, he was a pretty cool guy to me," she said.

Tina Brown, who stood with Price outside the complex, said she saw Tyson several days earlier at a gas station. He often asked her how she was doing, or just said hello.

Seeing the city's rash of violence hit so close to home made her shake her head.

"You don't know if you're going to be here today or tomorrow," she said.

The homicide occurred during what has already been a deadly week in the city.

ClemonseyThompson, 52, of San Bernardino, was stabbed to death in the 3000 block of North Mojave Court late Tuesday.

Police say he got into an argument with his estranged wife and the wife's new boyfriend. The argument escalated into a fight and his wife's boyfriend, John Tomlinson, 55, of Long Beach, stabbed Thompson in the chest, police said. Thompson collapsed in the street and was taken to Loma Linda University Medical Center where he died.

Tyson is the 28th person killed in San Bernardino this year.

I think I know him, if it's who im thinkin of, but im pretty sure it is. Shit is fucced up if it is. I wish they had a picture.
dstrm300
dstrm300
Made Member

Number of posts : 1201
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down