Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eastside Shooting (Riverside)

2 posters

Go down

Eastside Shooting (Riverside) Empty Eastside Shooting (Riverside)

Post  all eyes on me Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:10 pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Date: Sunday December 14, 2008

Gun Shot Victims Lead To Homicide Investigation
Riverside, CA – On Sunday December 14, 2008 at 12:02 a.m. officers from the
Riverside Police Department responded to the 1800 block of Enterprise Avenue
after receiving reports of a shooting in the area.
Upon the officers’ arrival two Hispanic males were found in the driveway of a
residence, suffering from gunshot wounds to the upper torso. One victim was
pronounced dead at the scene by emergency medical personnel, and the second
victim was transported to Riverside Community Hospital where he was pronounced
deceased a short time later. The victims’ identities are not being released at this
time.
Based on witness statements it appears that the two victims were attending a party
at the location and were confronted in the driveway by an unknown suspect who
was not a guest at the party. During the contact the unknown suspect fired several
rounds from a handgun striking both victims. The suspect fled the scene after the
shooting.
Homicide Investigators responded to the scene and were assisted in their
investigation by personnel from the Forensic Units. The investigation is ongoing and
there is no additional information available at this time.
Anyone with information pertaining to this homicide should contact Detective Mike
Medici (951) 353-7104 or Detective Jim Brandt (951) 353-7137
### P08180367 ###
PRESS RELEASE
Riverside Police Department  4102 Orange Street  Riverside, CA 92501
Phone (951) 826-5147

Last edited by all eyes on me on Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

all eyes on me
Soldier

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Eastside Shooting (Riverside) Empty Re: Eastside Shooting (Riverside)

Post  {~Vicente~} Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:54 pm

North High School campus tense after student's death

Download story podcast

10:00 PM PST on Tuesday, December 16, 2008

By JESSICA LOGAN
The Press-Enterprise

Tensions remained elevated Tuesday at North High School after a weekend shooting claimed the life of one of the school's students and an 18-year-old man, police and school officials said.

Absences doubled at the school Tuesday amid rumors of guns and further violence, but no fights erupted, Principal Dale Kinnear said. About 400 of the school's 2,500 students were out.

A 16-year-old student, whose name has not yet been released, was declared dead early Sunday after a shooting at a party in the 1800 block of Enterprise Avenue in Riverside. The shooting also took the life of 18-year-old Salvador Gilbert Soliz, said Riverside police Detective Mike Medici.

Police investigators do not believe the victims belonged to a gang, but gang tensions may have caused the shooting, Medici said.

About 200 Hispanic students squared off against about 10 African-American students Monday at North High School over the shooting, but there was no violence, Kinnear said.

About 10 students were suspended from school. Kinnear scheduled meetings with parents and students throughout the week and the Police Department sent additional officers to the school to quell any future problems.

Keahna Fontenot, a 16-year-old junior at North High School, said she starts to get nervous during sixth period, the last period of the day, that violence will break out after school.

Her mother asked her whether she wanted to stay home Tuesday, but Keahna said she would miss too much at school.

Jose Hernandez picked up his 15-year-old daughter early from school Tuesday because he heard there was going to be a shooting. "You never know who is going to be next," Hernandez said.

Keahna and her friend Lakeisha Morrison, a 17- year-old senior, think the administration should investigate rumors of guns at school more seriously, search more students and install a metal detector. There are no metal detectors in the school district.

"In my experience with metal detectors, they don't work," Kinnear said. "If I thought there was anything else I could do, I would be doing it."

The student who was killed was doing well in college preparation classes, the principal said.

"Academically, he had a positive future."

Kinnear said the racial tension on his campus is less than on other campuses, and an arrest would alleviate it.

Detective Medici is less optimistic.

"I suppose it would help the situation, but no, I don't think one arrest would ease all the tension at the school," he said.

Several students said a large confrontation between African-American and Hispanic students happens every year. North High School is located in the University neighborhood and enrolls students from the Eastside neighborhood.

Riverside police Lt. Larry Gonzalez said this situation is more serious than in the past and patrols have been beefed up accordingly.

"We've had maybe one or two isolated incidents (in the past) but nothing of this magnitude," Gonzalez said.

Medici said some people at the party have given statements, but others are afraid of gang retaliation.

He said he is working on several leads but does not yet have a solid description of the two suspects who walked up to people in front of a home and opened fire. He said the gunmen appear to have shot the victims randomly.

Anyone with information about the shooting can call Medici at 951-353-7104 or Detective Jim Brandt at 951-353-7137

Reach Jessica Logan at 951-368-9466 or jlogan@PE.com

RIP Ramiro and Salvador
{~Vicente~}
{~Vicente~}
Soldier

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post  all eyes on me Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:01 pm

Vince, word is on the Friday before the shooting around 3:00 pm two Hispanic males chased a black male into the apartments on 12th and Ottawa. Not sure if the shooting on Saturday had anything to do with what happened...

all eyes on me
Soldier

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post  {~Vicente~} Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:04 pm

see I don't approve of that either. all this racial BS is pushed by La eMe way back and now fuckin youngsters push it way to far
{~Vicente~}
{~Vicente~}
Soldier

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down