Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

San Bernardino shooting kills one, wounds another (13th homicide this month)

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

San Bernardino shooting kills one, wounds another (13th homicide this month) Empty San Bernardino shooting kills one, wounds another (13th homicide this month)

Post  Hazzard909 Tue May 29, 2012 12:46 pm

A man visiting the memorial site where his friend had been killed two weeks earlier was fatally shot early this morning in San Bernardino.

The shooting in the 200 block of South Lenore Avenue also wounded another man.

San Bernardino police received a call at 2:04 a.m. about gunshots heard near the corner of Mt. Vernon Avenue and Congress Street, said police Lt. Paul Williams.

Officers arrived and found a shooting victim in the 200 block of South Lenore Avenue and another around the corner from the cul-de-sac. Family members identified the man who died as 19-year-old Gregorio Gonzales. The name of the other victim was not available.

"Someone came up to them, asked if they were from the Westside and started shooting at them," said E.A. Watson, Gonzales' grandfather.

Several friends gathered at the scene, but didn't want to be identified out of fear for their safety. They described Gonzales, known by the nickname "Chile," as a man who was usually "all smiles" and never the source of any problems.

"Now people have to fear coming to visit because this could happen," said one woman, a 19-year-old San Bernardino resident.

The 200 block of South Lenore Avenue is where police found the body of Michael Alejandro Espino, 21, of San Bernardino on May 13. He had been shot and was found inside his vehicle.

Flowers and candles remained at the scene for Espino's memorial site.

Espino's mother, Maria Espino, came to the cul-de-sac after hearing there was another
Advertisement
shooting at the location. She says she's still recovering from losing her son, and the latest shooting is adding to her grief.

"It's like they took my heart," she said.

Diane Sanchez, whose children were friends with Michael Espino, echoed Maria's statements.

"It's just very tragic. It's heartbreaking," she said.

It is the fourth killing in San Bernardino in six days.

Read more: http://www.sbsun.com/ci_20731650/san-bernardino-shooting-kills-one-wounds-another#ixzz1wHIZHHfj

He was from Verdugo

Hazzard909
Soldier

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Back to top Go down

San Bernardino shooting kills one, wounds another (13th homicide this month) Empty Re: San Bernardino shooting kills one, wounds another (13th homicide this month)

Post  TumbleWeed Tue May 29, 2012 2:03 pm

Another one today? .....(shaking my head)
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Number of posts : 7350
Registration date : 2008-01-19

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

San Bernardino shooting kills one, wounds another (13th homicide this month) Empty Re: San Bernardino shooting kills one, wounds another (13th homicide this month)

Post  TumbleWeed Tue May 29, 2012 2:05 pm

"Someone came up to them, asked if they were from the Westside and started shooting at them," said E.A. Watson, Gonzales' grandfather.

Hmmm.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazzard909 Tue May 29, 2012 2:06 pm

this was yesterday. ol dude was sending his respects to his homie and got blasted! R.I.P

Hazzard909
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  .02 cents Tue May 29, 2012 2:11 pm

Whose hood is this in?
.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 29, 2012 2:14 pm

May (YOUR GOD) have mercy on this city...there is a war on these streets and the media is either ignorant of it or hiding it. We are on the way to having a very bloody summer...and if he was from a West Verdugo gang...that isn't going to rest easy

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Tue May 29, 2012 2:24 pm

.02 cents wrote:Whose hood is this in?

SSVF. Verdugo Flats.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  .02 cents Tue May 29, 2012 2:25 pm

thanks for the info... not looking good....
.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  .02 cents Tue May 29, 2012 2:25 pm

Are the west and south known for going at it with each other?
.02 cents
.02 cents
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Tue May 29, 2012 2:30 pm

niners wrote:May (YOUR GOD) have mercy on this city...there is a war on these streets and the media is either ignorant of it or hiding it. We are on the way to having a very bloody summer...and if he was from a West Verdugo gang...that isn't going to rest easy

Nine, it's kind of reminding me of 2005 all over again. 7st vs Flats was a bloody battle for the longest. This might set it off again, and lots of blood will run in the streets for sure. Lets hope that's not the case.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Tue May 29, 2012 2:31 pm

.02 cents wrote:Are the west and south known for going at it with each other?

Yes. Many lives were lost in the past. Keyword being PAST. Cease fire was called and things calmed down considerably during the 90's. If this sparks another war, I'm not sure people will settle for another peace treaty.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazzard909 Tue May 29, 2012 2:34 pm

i got a couple of homies from the manor boys and little counts, they were paying there respects to him. i doubt its verdugo vs verdugo

Hazzard909
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 29, 2012 2:35 pm

NYTE RYDA wrote:
niners wrote:May (YOUR GOD) have mercy on this city...there is a war on these streets and the media is either ignorant of it or hiding it. We are on the way to having a very bloody summer...and if he was from a West Verdugo gang...that isn't going to rest easy

Nine, it's kind of reminding me of 2005 all over again. 7st vs Flats was a bloody battle for the longest. This might set it off again, and lots of blood will run in the streets for sure. Lets hope that's not the case.

damn was it that recent? I thought that war was in the 90's I don't know how I warped time like that wow. Yeh man I can hope for the best...but you and I BOTH know thats not gonna happen not if its true the dude was from a wsv set. And even if he wasn't from a particular hood...he's from the west barrio same thing to them. One of theirs. Thinking maybe there is a vacuum? (if you know what I mean)

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 pm

Hazzard909 wrote:i got a couple of homies from the manor boys and little counts, they were paying there respects to him. i doubt its verdugo vs verdugo

Verdugo vs Verdugo? Verdugo simply means San Bernardino. There isn't a monolithic "Verdugo gang". The west side isn't a single gang, they're all seperate barrios who claim west side. Flats and west siders have collided for decades. Just like Colton and Flats/west side.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 29, 2012 2:40 pm

Hazzard909 wrote:i got a couple of homies from the manor boys and little counts, they were paying there respects to him. i doubt its verdugo vs verdugo

yeh but that doesn't mean anything? Yeh a west side barrio is going to pay respects to another westside barrio's loss. The killing happened in VF turf and according to witnesses before shots rang out they were asked "are you from the west?" that pretty much sums it up right there...

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Tue May 29, 2012 2:41 pm

niners wrote:
NYTE RYDA wrote:

damn was it that recent? I thought that war was in the 90's I don't know how I warped time like that wow. Yeh man I can hope for the best...but you and I BOTH know thats not gonna happen not if its true the dude was from a wsv set. And even if he wasn't from a particular hood...he's from the west barrio same thing to them. One of theirs. Thinking maybe there is a vacuum? (if you know what I mean)

My bad, I think I should have worded that differently. NO, the war was not that recent. There hasn't been any static between 7st and the Flats since the early 90's. What I meant to say is that what's happening right now, in general, is reminding me of how it was in 2005 which was a bloody year for last decade.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 29, 2012 2:42 pm

Hazard, VF or Verdugo Flats is a South Side Gang not a West Side Gang and like nyte said they've been at war before. I think thats where you may have got confused...

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazzard909 Tue May 29, 2012 2:51 pm

the way my boy put it the little counts nor the manor boys had nothing to do with it. only people left are 7th st

Hazzard909
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Tue May 29, 2012 2:51 pm

niners wrote:

yeh but that doesn't mean anything? Yeh a west side barrio is going to pay respects to another westside barrio's loss. The killing happened in VF turf and according to witnesses before shots rang out they were asked "are you from the west?" that pretty much sums it up right there...

Yeah, I find that comment highly indicative of what may possibly be going on at the moment. Now of course this may just be a personal problem, but it seems like the shooter was making sure his victim was from the west.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazzard909 Tue May 29, 2012 2:52 pm

niners wrote:Hazard, VF or Verdugo Flats is a South Side Gang not a West Side Gang and like nyte said they've been at war before. I think thats where you may have got confused...
yup thanks for that

Hazzard909
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Tue May 29, 2012 2:52 pm

Hazzard909 wrote:the way my boy put it the little counts nor the manor boys had nothing to do with it. only people left are 7th st

7st or Sur Crazy Ones. And are Manor Boys even active these days? It's been YEARS, since I've heard of them doing anything.
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  TumbleWeed Tue May 29, 2012 2:57 pm

Something that's curious to me: What was the dude doing visiting the memorial of his friend at 2 A.M. in the morning??
TumbleWeed
TumbleWeed
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazzard909 Tue May 29, 2012 2:57 pm

NYTE RYDA wrote:
Hazzard909 wrote:the way my boy put it the little counts nor the manor boys had nothing to do with it. only people left are 7th st

7st or Sur Crazy Ones. And are Manor Boys even active these days? It's been YEARS, since I've heard of them doing anything.

yup the sur crazy ones to mybad.
not really but they still have some og riders in there hood( talking about manor boys) but there not out causing havoc

Hazzard909
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazzard909 Tue May 29, 2012 2:58 pm

NYTE RYDA wrote:Something that's curious to me: What was the dude doing visiting the memorial of his friend at 2 A.M. in the morning??
probably faded just showing his respects with some of his boys

Hazzard909
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 29, 2012 3:00 pm

I personally know 2 of the manors. I can say this much, as long as they are in the streets, Manors are active. I don't know anyone else from there but I know its still a problem if you roll thru there trippin. And their wall banging is still active too

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next