Urban Empire I.E. Street Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COLTON....

+21
geyez
Cevek
W3st909
rune sindel
D-Dogg
SFxSTONER
wesiderider
SURCALMEX
wolfman
420SMOKE
treasurechest
LOCO ANGELES
E_14ST
P_LOKO
C O L T O N
insane_empire
American Zombie
Grandhustle_909
Drop Out
CaliforniaRepublic
TumbleWeed
25 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

COLTON.... - Page 3 Empty Re: COLTON....

Post  Guest Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:26 pm

That whole area has calmed down. You're talking about the block off of pennway right and Mill right?

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:35 pm

As soon as you get over the bridge......on the right hand side.

wesiderider
Made Member

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2009-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post  CaliforniaRepublic Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:03 am

niners wrote:in this vid tiny 40, k-tray (Randy), toot toot, big Omar, RD locc? couldn't make it out...anyway footage from 2001 the track is off of the MIgrate adapt or Die album from the Zoo Crew. 40 had the curl...for those that didn't know The Zoo has been doing this shit for years starting with Natural Born and k9 (kelsey). To see 40's come up is good for the whole Empire.

yeah, it's good to see some cats thass been doing it for a minute get some shine.... I.E. just need more mixtapes, thass whats gettin dudes noticed right now. I mean, in my eyes...
CaliforniaRepublic
CaliforniaRepublic
Captain

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-02-04

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com/

Back to top Go down

COLTON.... - Page 3 Empty 40 original crew ZOO CREW (1999)

Post  Guest Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:27 am

Back to top Go down

Post  CaliforniaRepublic Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:06 pm

ey Niners man, thass pretty good stuff right there. I aint even knowing nothing about them ZOO Crew cats man. They got flow. Only one i heard was Lil Boo and like 2 songs 40 made. I mean, i dont even know if Lil Boo in the Zoo Crew or not, i just heard him rap wit 40. They pretty cool though, i'mma check'um out some more. I might have to get at some of they cd's or something.

Ey, do colton got a swapmeet? Anybody know? I just thought about it right now.
CaliforniaRepublic
CaliforniaRepublic
Captain

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-02-04

https://iestreetlife.aforumfree.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:33 pm

There's an indoor swapmeet on Mt.Vernon next to Jack in the crack...a shopping center called plaza Las Glorias...I think it's still there....

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:55 pm

Jae wrote:ey Niners man, thass pretty good stuff right there. I aint even knowing nothing about them ZOO Crew cats man. They got flow. Only one i heard was Lil Boo and like 2 songs 40 made. I mean, i dont even know if Lil Boo in the Zoo Crew or not, i just heard him rap wit 40. They pretty cool though, i'mma check'um out some more. I might have to get at some of they cd's or something.

If lil boo gotta a couple of tracks titled "triple j" and "if I die" you can download these off imusic...

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:11 pm

Jae wrote:ey Niners man, thass pretty good stuff right there. I aint even knowing nothing about them ZOO Crew cats man. They got flow. Only one i heard was Lil Boo and like 2 songs 40 made. I mean, i dont even know if Lil Boo in the Zoo Crew or not, i just heard him rap wit 40. They pretty cool though, i'mma check'um out some more. I might have to get at some of they cd's or something.

Jae, Colton has a few mini swapmeets. The big one though, is on Valley close to bloomington. I used to ride the pony's there when I was a little kid and shit. But, yeh, they have one actual swapmeet that I know of...wait! I take that back. There is a wknd swapmeet outdoors off of mt. vernon and mill st. where the old fedco and drive-in used to be. Anyone remember that? The drive in? I used to get happy rollin' over the bridge to see movies...

Lil boo is nothing to play with. He's a young general thats for sure. Check any of 40's mixtapes...the first 2 are the best. He even has one with Game before they beefed...game talks about 'i shot a nigga in his chest piece over a dime sack"

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:47 pm

I used to hit the drive-inn when it was up and running...and fedco...you needed a membership to shop there like Costco and Sam's club...

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:43 am

I remember always going to FEDCO when I was a little kid, buying popcorn and Icee's from the front. The place had everything, even a little grocery market inside...and a place that sells dried fruit or some shit. I liked FEDCO, too bad they closed it down.
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Number of posts : 3824
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:21 am

You could buy clothes,a pair of shoes,washing machine, a stereo and a hunting knife by the time you got out the exit...that's were the fresh produce was remember that shit....damn good'ol days...

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:14 am

LOL. Good memories man. The place had EVERYTHING for sale! From groceries to clothes to televisions, it was a one stop shop for just about everything you needed.
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:11 pm

They had a pharmacy, as soon as you walked in...on the left side, right next to the watch repair Booth...they had a jewelry section in front of that...toy section...camping...I'm getting frustrated thinking on it...fedco was cool ass store...like Harris underground...remember that spot at the central city...

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:28 pm

Damn, I nearly forgot about all that shit that FEDCO had, me and the homies was just blazing one up earlier this morning, choppin it up and reminiscing back about the good ol day's running around wild in FEDCO LOL. I don't think there's any other stores like it these days. Sam's Club and Costco is the closest thing I can think of, but their on some wholesale shit. Yeah I remember Harris. I used to shop there all the time, back when it was cool to goto the Central City Mall LOL. Now, the mall is just a depressing ass sight. I don't know how they can even keep that mall up and running without any customers. I ranned across a "The Harris Company" book at the 6th Street Library downtown and decided to take a look through it. I didn't know that the Harris store in San Bernardino was the original one, looks like Harris is mainly a Inland Empire thing also, and "supposedly" been there on 3rd and E damn near since the beginning of the century. It's gotta be SB's first major department store. Next came what, Broadway?
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:50 pm

No shit...the central city used to be cool before the " no more than 3 deep rule", you'd be able to mob like 15-20 deep...there was the movie theater...if you wanted/needed to Jack there was Woolworth's...after Harris...jc penny was there, Montgomery Ward's was up in there...Mervyns was across the street...ah shit remember rookies, they had some tight gear...as a matter of fact I got stored away starter, chalk line...jackets and hats and shit...like old hats with the plastic adjustables on the back...you know what I'm saying..

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:13 pm

Man, good shit, I used to shop at all those places. Nearly forgot all about Montgomery Ward. I had some good memories at that movie theatre...I remember it was real cheap, like 2 dollars or something to get in. Last movie I seen there must of been Terminater 2 LOL. More recently, didn't Inland Center Mall used to have a movie theatre also? My memory is fucked up. All of SB movie theatres went down the drain. Shit, I still sport one of the oldschool caps with the plastic adjustables, it's a perfect fit all the time LOL.
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:35 pm

Damn, on the real I don't know about inland center having a movie theatre, I don't frequent that spot as much as I did when I was younger...not since they took out Aladdins' castle....if I do go there it's either lids or the Disney store for my kids...I don't fuck with the shoes from there...I order shit from eastbay...every color ,every style..."give me two per, I need two per", lol....

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  P_LOKO Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:56 pm

Damn....Aladdin's Castle downstairs by the Gottschalks, I used to hit that muthafucka up, on some Killer Instinct shit LOL. The Aladdin's Castle at the Redlands Mall was a cool spot too. I don't see any of these arcade places anywhere these days. Looks like the game systems took em out.
P_LOKO
P_LOKO
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:03 pm

Fiesta village had a cool lil arcade there too...but you're right since the game systems have become more popular than ever before...cause arcades were still getting some sun when Atari was out...I miss the arcade feel...a real arcade not a couple of coin games at a pizza spot...it's like a Vegas for kids & teenagers, in retrospect, thinking of the money blown on games and the worries of having enough quarters to continue and the frustration of digging in your pockets for coins before the continue time runs out.....I'd rather buy the game and play whenever, memory card gets me where I last played, way easier....

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SFxSTONER Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:51 am

Here's a good article on the Pomona Valley Mall on Holt & Indian Hill.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There was a restaurant in the parking lot with a windmill that was open for a long time after the mall ended up closing.
SFxSTONER
SFxSTONER
Soldier

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:14 am

That was an interesting article, it's still there but houses the school district and an indoor swapmeet...the old drive-inn in San Bernardino is a swapmeet, the central city/carousel mall is practically a skeleton in terms of retail stores...I've heard they plan on converting the upper level into condos or studios or something to that effect...geared towards city employees...as well as a proposed lake complete with lakefront property...I wonder if that pvc mall converted to what it is today due to the local/immediate community...

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SFxSTONER Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:45 pm

wesiderider wrote:I wonder if that pvc mall converted to what it is today due to the local/immediate community...

It was most likely due to location, plus it was the beginning of the Reagan years when no one had any money anyway. People started going to Montclair instead.

Is the Colton Auction still there? AKA the Colton Swap Meet on Valley. Pretty sure it was owned by the same company that owned the Chino Auction, but may have changed ownership.

Speaking of Colton, here's Sublime playing at the Movieland Frontier Town in Colton.

SFxSTONER
SFxSTONER
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:23 pm

Sublime rocked that....was that a free concert or paid admission? Is that the same spot where Nickelodeon pizza was at....that performance appeared behind the "once existing " structures...correct me if I'm wrong, but most of the if not all of "movieland frontier town" has been torn down and/or renovated/redesigned into?
From the freeway or street view it doesn't seem appealing...compared to its olden days, almost lackluster...

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  wesiderider Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:28 pm

On a side note....if your really into sublime they gotta app for freshface & pandahome...@ android market...

wesiderider
Made Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SFxSTONER Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:10 pm

wesiderider wrote:Sublime rocked that....was that a free concert or paid admission? Is that the same spot where Nickelodeon pizza was at....that performance appeared behind the "once existing " structures...correct me if I'm wrong, but most of the if not all of "movieland frontier town" has been torn down and/or renovated/redesigned into?
From the freeway or street view it doesn't seem appealing...compared to its olden days, almost lackluster...

Not sure if that was free or what. Saw them around 1992 at Fairmount Park. There was a 2 day festival there. Pretty sure they tore down the whole Frontier town, which sucks. Last time I was over there it was still just a vacant lot.
SFxSTONER
SFxSTONER
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next